Bose removal

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Chas

Post by Chas »

Can you easily remove the Bose system and tray in the boot ? Be handy for the odd times you need that extra depth.

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Yep, it`s just unplug woofer and play. :)
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

I too have removed the speaker and all the other gubbins as in the polystyrene, the emergency repair kit, I have retained one of the 2 tow hooks, also I have removed the boot board and now just lay the carpet on the bottom of the well.. this is a great solution for the small boot syndrome - I have in the boot a builders bucket to put things in when shopping.. The remaining speakers supply perfectly adequate sound ..
Last edited by Deleted User 1096 on Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chas

Post by Chas »

Thanks for your replies.
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

What has removing all the “gubbins” done for noise suppression?
Deleted User 1096

With road noise from the tyres, outside noise from others, the music system at full tilt with drum 'n' bass and in sport mode down the lanes and the odd tut tut form 'er.. I must admit I have not noticed the difference..
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Witfit wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:58 pm With road noise from the tyres, outside noise from others, the music system at full tilt with drum 'n' bass and in sport mode down the lanes and the odd tut tut form 'er.. I must admit I have not noticed the difference..
:lol:
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Deleted User 1096

HouseSpider wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:06 pm
Witfit wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:58 pm With road noise from the tyres, outside noise from others, the music system at full tilt with drum 'n' bass and in sport mode down the lanes and the odd tut tut form 'er.. I must admit I have not noticed the difference..
There was a suggestion recently for a tick for comments - I can live with the alternative of your :lol: :lol: thank you HouseSpider :D
Chas

Post by Chas »

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

One thing I have noticed is the difference between the DAB & FM radio.
Reception sound volume on FM is higher than DAB. And, surprisingly, I would say sound quality is better on FM - frequency range seems broader, but then it may be my bad hearing.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.