Microphone not working any tips !!

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Andy J

Post by Andy J »

Bought a Cx3 from 2017 this weekend, installed phone through bluetooth with no problems, tested it by making a call, i can hear person on the other end of the line but unfourtunately they cant hear me. I checked if the microphone wasnt muted the problem wasnt there. I then realized the voice control isnt working either :| .... tried reboot it didnt help, been thinking of factory reset but not to sure if its a good idea, would i lose my latest software for instance ? Help would be much Appreciated
Andy
2017 Mazda Cx3 Skyactiv-G 120 Dynamic Blue

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Have you tried raising the volume (on the steering wheel) whilst in the voice operated situation?
https://owners-manual.mazda.com/gen/en/ ... 20500.html
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Andy J

Post by Andy J »

Just tried it nothing ....would a factory reset sort it out ...not bothered about reconnecting phones and adding favourites in lists just not to sure if its a good idea or not, dont want to make things worse ,would it revert to the original OS version after the reset ?
Andy
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Andy J wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:25 pm Just tried it nothing ....would a factory reset sort it out ...not bothered about reconnecting phones and adding favourites in lists just not to sure if its a good idea or not, dont want to make things worse ,would it revert to the original OS version after the reset ?
Andy
Are voice control working. ?
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Andy J

Post by Andy J »

Press the voice control button it gives me options,..... says on the screen wait for the beep, ...after the beep.... i say an instruction then nothing, ...dont think microphone is picking anything up, same with phone calls,
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

You could try resetting the MZD Connect system by holding down the back, nav and volume mute keys (around the commander wheel) together for about 10 seconds until the system reboots; you won't lose any settings.
Unpair and re-pair the phone.
A Mazda dealer may need to diagnose.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Andy J

Post by Andy J »

Tried that too ...reboot sadly didnt help
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I assume you bought the car privately otherwise I suggest get it back to the dealer you bought it from. I can't be more help I'm afraid as you've tried everything I would do myself - short of starting to take the car apart!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Andy J

Post by Andy J »

Think that's probably the best option ...phoned dealer appointment for Saturday ...👍🏻
Andy J

Post by Andy J »

Update.... Took car back to dealer found a loose contact ....5 minute job working perfectly now .... luckily sometimes things can be solved as simple as that :-)