Trapped in the car

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
BurntoutDentist

Post by BurntoutDentist »

Hi all,
I've a 2017 CX3 sport nav 4x4.
I had a frightening moment this afternoon, unlocked the door as usual, using the button on the door handle (I've disabled the auto locking feature, so I either press the the key fob or press the button on the handle). I got in the car, closed the door, the alarm them sounded for some reason and I WAS LOCKED IN.
The doors had double locked themselved. That can be very dangerous. I then pressed the key fob open button and all returned to normal. It was however a moment of panic to be trapped in a car like the. Suppose it had caught fire!!!

Can someone shed some light on this, and is there a manual way to open the double locked door from the inside. In case the electronics fail!

Peter
CX-3 Sport 150 NAV 2.0 litre Petrol AWD 2017

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Not that I'm aware of. The whole point of double locking is that you can't open the car from the inside (unless you have the key fob).
Why your car locked itself after you got in is a mystery, unless you accidentally pressed the lock button on the fob.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
BurntoutDentist

Post by BurntoutDentist »

Yep, I did touch my key fob after I got in so I could have pressed something I shouldn't.
CX-3 Sport 150 NAV 2.0 litre Petrol AWD 2017
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

You were probably thinking too much about self isolating & social distancing, 😷
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.