Hatchback button

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

I've had my CX3 now for 18 months, but today, I discovered something I didn't know was there! Whilst attempting to undo the hatchback lid, and not looking what I was doing, instead of pushing the button to release the lid, (which is in the middle of the lid edge, I pressed a button that was to the right of the lid. This is situated above the end of the right side of the number plate ( if that makes sense). The boot then released! If my memory serves me correctly, when you press the middle button, it just releases the lid, not the doors, as does this one. The only reason that I think that it is there, is because it is situated immediately below the area where you put your hand in to lift the lid up. I cant find anything about it in the hand book, so I was wondering if this is a feature that is generally known about? My car is a 2018 (October) SatNav+, so I dont know if this is featured on other models.
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I came across the button not long after buying the vehicle. It was confusing as I was trying to open the boot with it instead of the central button.
On my vehicle the button on the right locks the vehicle only. The middle one only opens the boot.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

As HouseSpider says, that button is there to lock all the doors and the liftgate when you press it with the liftgate closed. On models with Advanced Keyless Entry and walk away locking enabled it's pretty redundant.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

Thanks for your replies and explanations. Yes, with walk away locking, the button is pretty redundant.
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual