Smart City Braking System

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I thought the only time the SCBS comes into operation is when a front end impact is calculated to occur whilst travelling between the specified speeds. If you are approaching a wall but the system deems an accident will not occur (i.e. there is sufficient time an space for you to brake and stop) then it won't come into operation.
Why don't you try driving at/through some strategically placed (& sufficiently sized) cardboard boxes and see if that works.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.

Joval

Post by Joval »

Hi ivan@raf,
I had the same predicament as you. I sent an email to Mazda UK. [ address from Mazda cx3 site] giving details of my car [ ie. chassis number ] and was delighted to receive a reply back within 36 hours saying " that my car a 2017 sel-nav +. definitely had it fitted". they also said " if I was unsure if it was working I could ask the dealer to check it out, but not to drive it too close to a car on front just to check if it worked." I think they said all cx3's are fitted with it as an aid.
CX3 sel-nav. 2.0 ltr. Petrol, manual. Soul red.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Joval wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:22 pm Hi ivan@raf,
I had the same predicament as you. I sent an email to Mazda UK. [ address from Mazda cx3 site] giving details of my car [ ie. chassis number ] and was delighted to receive a reply back within 36 hours saying " that my car a 2017 sel-nav +. definitely had it fitted". they also said " if I was unsure if it was working I could ask the dealer to check it out, but not to drive it too close to a car on front just to check if it worked." I think they said all cx3's are fitted with it as an aid.

Your dealer is incorrect on that last point, or at least generalising to some extent in my opinion. From an earlier post of mine in this thread (which I've now amended after some double checking :D) :-

"According to the Oct 2016 brochure, SCBS was standard on the SE-L Nav and Sport Nav models. By the time of the Sep 2018 brochure, this had become the Advanced SCBS on both the SE-L Nav+ and Sport Nav+ models with the additional RSCBS (Rear SCBS) then added as part of the optional Safety Pack only available on the Sport Nav+ model. Up to that point the SCBS or Advanced SCBS had never been available as either standard or as an option on both the SE or SE Nav+ models."

I'm 100% sure your 2017 model SE-L Nav+ model will have either SCBS or Advanced SCBS.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016