MAZDA EXTENDED WARRANTY

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
TAX

Post by TAX »

My car will soon be 3 years old and the manufacturers warranty will end.

I am considering taking out the extended warranty offered by Mazda, but they will not give me any details of the cost until a couple of weeks before the expiry date of the normal warranty.

Has any member here taken out the Mazda extended warranty, and if so, could you give me some idea of the costs involved so that I
can compare them with those of an independent warranty company.

Thanks in advance for any information offered.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

There are different levels of Mazda cover and different levels of excess, plus the option of with or without breakdown assistance, plus pay in installments or in one lump sum.

I have the highest level of cover, with no excess and no Mazda breakdown assistance, not paid in installments:

In Sept. 2018 the premium for my car was £257.75, in Sept. 2019 it was £291.35.

Make sure you read the T's&C's carefully so you know that you're comparing like with like. See https://www.mazdaextended.co.uk to download a policy booklet.

I had an issue with the fuel filter body on mine out of warranty which was going to be very expensive to repair, but the extended warranty would not accept a claim because it was a known design fault and also the part had not actually failed. Fortunately, Mazda UK stumped up for a modified part to be fitted as goodwill. There are other exclusions too, but that's usually the case with extended warranty insurance policies to be fair.

You should get a letter from Mazda with a PIN to get a quote when your manufacturer's warranty period is nearing the expiry date.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
TAX

Post by TAX »

Thanks for that very informative reply.
SEPT 2017
YORKSHIRE.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I renewed my extended warranty in April this year. It cost me the identical cost to last year which was £344.19 for the full complete cover, no excess and no Mazda breakdown assistance. My car details are as per my sig below. As jtonline says in his post, read the T&Cs carefully from the site link shown so you can compare them to those offered by any third part warranty company before you compare prices.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
TAX

Post by TAX »

... and thanks too st3v3cx-3.
SEPT 2017
YORKSHIRE.