What's That Part Called?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
angels1five

Post by angels1five »

When I open the boot, next to the handle depression that allows you to close the boot without losing a fingernail there is a small light, there is one either side of the door catch. I think they are to illuminate the number plate.
They have clear plastic covers.
One of mine is missing the plastic cover, exposing the bulb and it was like it when I took delivery but there's no chance of me getting back to the dealer for the foreseeable so... what I need t know is what is the part called that I need and would I be able to fit it myself?
Mazda 67 CX-3 GT Sport Nav+

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

You cant buy plastic covers alone, it comes as a unit.

License Lamp
B45A-51-270B
License Lamp, Right

License Lamp
B45A-51-2L0B
License Lamp, Left
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
angels1five

Post by angels1five »

Ah, found it online for a bargainous £51.00. Not.

No wonder they didn't replace it before I bought it. My fault for not going over the car with a fine tooth comb but we had to do it at a 2m distance.

Do you think if I bought it it would be easy to fit or should I just leave it to an expert?
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

angels1five wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:06 pm Ah, found it online for a bargainous £51.00. Not.

No wonder they didn't replace it before I bought it. My fault for not going over the car with a fine tooth comb but we had to do it at a 2m distance.

Do you think if I bought it it would be easy to fit or should I just leave it to an expert?
It is just plug N play, - you can buy it here in LED cheaper
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
angels1five

Post by angels1five »

Thank you! I've have a go at that.
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

You could try Aliexpress.com and search for 'mazda cx-3 rear license plate light' you may have to take your current one out to get an exact match, I have bought many spares for my CX-3 from the far east - after all that is where the cars are made.. The shipping times even with the CV-19 are still good. Prices appear to be around £8..
Joval

Post by Joval »

I cannot believe that Mazda cannot supply lenses separate. I have a relation who runs his own garage in the UK, who tried to order a Mazda headlight lens as light was still in perfect order. Then was told he would have to order the complete headlight which had a small motor fitted, and with an enormous bill to pay. When it arrived the lens was separate with clips in the same box as the headlight. And we wonder why repair cost are costing insurance companies and us a fortune.
CX3 sel-nav. 2.0 ltr. Petrol, manual. Soul red.
angels1five

Post by angels1five »

A quick follow-up to this. I called the dealership when they opened and they replaced both (the other one was faulty as well) free of charge as the fault was there when I collected the car immediately before lockdown started.

The service person said it looked like someone had tried to change the bulbs without realising they were a sealed unit.

I'm very happy :)
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Good result.
They're not a sealed unit, you can change the bulb by accessing the back of the lamp unit via an access panel in the liftgate. But, yes, yours was probably damaged by somebody trying to prise the lamp unit out of its hole in the bodywork.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
santa

Post by santa »

There's even half a page in the manual describing how to change the numberplate light, it's dead easy :-)
I've changed mine to these LEDs from Osram (they just fit):

https://www.osram.com/ecat/LEDriving%20 ... P_4052803/
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.