Import CX-3

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Snakeman

Post by Snakeman »

Hi all,

Let me explain my situation first, I need your help.

I am going to emigrate to the UK in 1,5 months time. Currently I live in the Netherlands and will bring my CX3 with me. Funny thing is I imported (dealer did this for me) my 2018 car from germany so the car would be cheaper. Anyhow, I want to know the following things since I bring my car to Bristol area.

-How can I import my dutch car to the UK.
-I have 7 years of no claims, can I use them at an insurance company?
-Does a left hand CX3 needs some headlight adjustment to drive in the UK?
-any tips on which car insurance company I should take OR not take.

Any CX3 owners near Bristol :):)

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

It would not be an option i would choose unless you are only intending to stay in the UK for less than 6 months.
A left hand drive vehicle would be expensive to insure due to the added insurance risks.
My option would be to sell your vehicle and purchase one in the UK...probably not what you want to hear.
Also you have to go through all of this...

https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-i ... ed-vehicle
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
Once the vehicle is in the UK if you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Snakeman

Post by Snakeman »

I will relocate at the 1st week of September and will drive my own CX3 for a couple of months since it has only 27k miles on the clock and just had the yearly maintenance. After that I will or sell it in the Netherlands or continue driving it.

@ DAN@ADRIAN FLUX I will drop you a message :)
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

-Does a left hand CX3 needs some headlight adjustment to drive in the UK?

If you have AFS (adaptive front lighting) then there is no need to adjust your headlights - I have driven my RHD all around Europe with no need to adjust the lights..
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

That applies to all the CX-3's with LED headlights. Although, Mazda do say "NOTE: In case the customer registers the vehicle for permanent use in a country of the opposite side driving for moving etc., it is recommended to check and follow any local regulation."
See the following PDF file:
Adjustment of Headlights Optical Axis is not necessary when driving LHD vehicle in RHD country or vice versa.pdf
(54.81 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I think I agree with MJC, plus when you come to sell it over here I doubt it would have the same value as a right hand model?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...