Wheel arch plastics needing a good colour restore and shine

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Would be grateful for ideas please. What should I use to colour restore and shine the grey black plastic wheel arch covers? They clean up and rinse well with soapy water -but leave a somewhat white smear. I'm tempted to rub hard with black shoe polish then shine up when dry?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

frog8fly

Post by frog8fly »

In the first week of my owning my CX-3 I backed into a pillar and scuffed up my rear wheel plastic arch. I used an electric shoe polisher which had residual polish on the buffer and it did the trick. It is not visible and has not needed any further attention for the past 3 years. Good luck.
2016 CX-3 GX Sport Auto AWD Meteor Grey
Canada
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

WP_20200801_18_17_28_Pro.jpg

Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Deleted User 1511

Post by Deleted User 1511 »

Or Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel
idavies1

Post by idavies1 »

I have found VALET PRO BLACK TO THE FUTURE to be very good. It leaves a natural looking finish.
2018 Sport nav. Blue.
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Thankyou everybody for these very helpful replies. I took a punt on the Autoglym-wow!-car back to showroom status. It's an easy to apply gel (used a small kitchen sponge)..instant results. Went all around the four arches-then did the front and rear bumpers. Most satisfied, if not staggered, at the difference.

I ALSO ike the back to black type products suggested and have always used black shoe polish too on a few occasions--but this gel was top of the pops. I hardly used any at all-it'll last ages.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018