acorn ding

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

i was driving out the other day where I live and an acorn has made a small ding on my roof :shock: so if you're around the ifield way in Crawley watch out. despite over the years, this has happened ever year its the first time I've had a ding on the roof
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I have had a lot of acorns hit my cars this year, but so far I haven't noticed any dents.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
clawhn

Post by clawhn »

Maybe Mazda use a thinner gauge steel on the roof?
2018 Mazda CX3 Sport Nav+ Petrol Manual Eternal Blue. Detachable tow bar. Blaenavon, South Wales.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

it was a loud sound i will say that' a bit louder then normal. but then the trees on our estate are on the large side 75 ft. the only problem with dings is the car loses value when you come to trade in?
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

fourbanks wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:41 pm it was a loud sound i will say that' a bit louder then normal. but then the trees on our estate are on the large side 75 ft. the only problem with dings is the car loses value when you come to trade in?
A bigger tree doesn't give you bigger acorns, just the terminal velocity may be a tad higher 😁
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I blame the squirrels :lol:
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

HouseSpider wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:35 am
fourbanks wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:41 pm it was a loud sound i will say that' a bit louder then normal. but then the trees on our estate are on the large side 75 ft. the only problem with dings is the car loses value when you come to trade in?
A bigger tree doesn't give you bigger acorns, just the terminal velocity may be a tad higher 😁
indeed at that hight, it has a much higher impact
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

fourbanks wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:58 am so if you're around the ifield way in Crawley watch out.
There are some well hard nuts in Crawley!
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Boyle de Cabbage wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:58 am
fourbanks wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:58 am so if you're around the ifield way in Crawley watch out.
There are some well hard nuts in Crawley!
:lol:
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

Whilst driving yesterday had a big bang on the roof of the car whilst I drove under some trees, I stopped to have a look and was very dissapointed to find a dent in the roof of my car. I managed to remove it by using a MINI DENT PULLER SUCTION CUP FOR BODYWORK PANEL REMOVAL TOOL CAR & VAN, I purchased it from eBay seller, it took quite a few pulls to remove the dent from the roof of the car, and I can confirm that Mazda Roofs are nothing like as strong as any of my previouse car roofs. I have never experienced dents on the roofs of me previous cars due to falling conkers etc, and I have had heard them hit the roof. The doors are a similar problem which will no doubt start to show dents from other cars doors being opened and hitting my car. Yes as prviously mentioned Mazda have reduced the thickness of the steel certainly on the roofs of the CX-3, and the door skins also appear to be easily deflected by even slight pressure to the outer skins. I wonder whether the same problem occours with other makes of new cars regarding the strength or lack of strength of the body panels. Would be interesting to here from other car makes owners.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack