Navigation SD Card

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
frog8fly

Post by frog8fly »

Bought a used 2016 CX-3 with the navigation package. The 3 year updates have expired. If I bought a new card off of Amazon would it be valid for another 3 years with the updates with Toolbox? Also If I copied the new card onto a blank SD before inserting the Amazon card into the car could I perpetually use copies of the Amazon SD? Any insight would be appreciated.
2016 CX-3 GX Sport Auto AWD Meteor Grey
Canada

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

You can get into all sorts of problems swapping navigation cards I think, a search in these forums might give you some insight into the problems you might face. Somehow the card gets associated\formatted with the cars info so the 3 year limit can't be overwritten.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

frog8fly wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:57 pm Bought a used 2016 CX-3 with the navigation package. The 3 year updates have expired. If I bought a new card off of Amazon would it be valid for another 3 years with the updates with Toolbox? Also If I copied the new card onto a blank SD before inserting the Amazon card into the car could I perpetually use copies of the Amazon SD? Any insight would be appreciated.
I believe you can only use a single card for the 3 years update package as this becomes locked to the registration of your car. The latest 20/21 cards are only £20 on eBay as all the software has been hacked. You could then try and register the new card but I don’t think you will have any luck. Worth a go. I will probably get round to trying it later this year.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.