insurance renewal

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

does anyone have an up-to-date insurance policy with Mazda insurance as my insurance is due next month and I'm trying to get a better quote from them as last year was a little on the high side. I'm 65 and with a full driving history of no claims. the only thing I do want from a policy is to be able to choose my own bodywork workshop one of the best in Sussex
thanks
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

fourbanks wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:10 pm...the only thing I do want from a policy is to be able to choose my own bodywork workshop...
I can't help you with a quote. Have you used the comparison websites?
Every UK car insurer has to allow you to choose your own repairer. However, if you don't use their choice of repairer, they can charge you an extra fee, don't have to provide you with a courtesy car, and the guarantee period for the work done may be different.
I'm currently with Direct Line.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I am with LV and if you choose your own repairer it is an extra £400...stinks of brown evelope and back handers but that's the way of the world.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

jtonline wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:33 am
fourbanks wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:10 pm...the only thing I do want from a policy is to be able to choose my own bodywork workshop...
I can't help you with a quote. Have you used the comparison websites?
Every UK car insurer has to allow you to choose your own repairer. However, if you don't use their choice of repairer, they can charge you an extra fee, don't have to provide you with a courtesy car, and the guarantee period for the work done may be different.
I'm currently with Direct Line.
thanks Julian. :) I've not used a comparison website as I've never found them useful that's probably just me thou
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

MJC1216 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:02 pm I am with LV and if you choose your own repairer it is an extra £400...stinks of brown evelope and back handers but that's the way of the world.
very interesting. I myself would never go with any company that used that tactic or tried to have some sort of control over a customer apple etc. Mazda is good but have never had to use their claim service so you never know. guess I'll end up paying £550 once again
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Are you aware of the Mazda First facility? They handle all the liaison with your insurance company and arrange for repairs to be done in a Mazda garage etc etc. At no cost to you. Further details here :-

https://www.mazda.co.uk/owners/call-mazda-first/

plus on this document
Mazda First Information.pdf
(2.6 MiB) Downloaded 163 times
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:44 pm Are you aware of the Mazda First facility? They handle all the liaison with your insurance company and arrange for repairs to be done in a Mazda garage etc etc. At no cost to you. Further details here :-

plus on this document
thanks. is that a good sign or a gimmick would you know? is it of benefit to the consumer? as i say I'm paying £550 per year. if you think its worth it then I'll stay with Mazda
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

fourbanks wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:47 pm
st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:44 pm Are you aware of the Mazda First facility? They handle all the liaison with your insurance company and arrange for repairs to be done in a Mazda garage etc etc. At no cost to you. Further details here :-

plus on this document
thanks. is that a good sign or a gimmick would you know? is it of benefit to the consumer? as i say I'm paying £550 per year. if you think its worth it then I'll stay with Mazda

Luckily I've not needed to test it out for real and fingers crossed it stays that way :) It is aimed for anyone insured other than via Mazda, as with a Mazda Insurance you'll get all those benefits included. I'm insured with LV= and would be hit with the £400 additional excess using anyone other than a LV= chosen repairer, but if the damage was excessive it may be worth going down the Mazda First route in my case to ensure the quality of repair etc etc.

Somehow I did manage last year to get a Mazda First excess return voucher which was valid for 12 months. Would have refunded up to £200 of the normal excess paid to an insurer when making a claim.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:05 pm
fourbanks wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:47 pm

plus on this document

Luckily I've not needed to test it out for real and fingers crossed it stays that way :) It is aimed for anyone insured other than via Mazda, as with a Mazda Insurance you'll get all those benefits included. I'm insured with LV= and would be hit with the £400 additional excess using anyone other than a LV= chosen repairer, but if the damage was excessive it may be worth going down the Mazda First route in my case to ensure the quality of repair etc etc.

Somehow I did manage last year to get a Mazda First excess return voucher which was valid for 12 months. Would have refunded up to £200 of the normal excess paid to an insurer when making a claim.
Luckily I've not needed to test it out for real and fingers crossed it stays that way :)
lets hope it stays that way