Replacement key fob.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Andyl

Post by Andyl »

Totally mislaid one of my key fobs.

Anyone know of the most economic way of getting a replacement ? I’m thinking it will be expensive.

Mazda dealer only?
2015 Dynamic Blue 2 litre petrol Sport Nav. 2007 2.0 L Sport MX5 in True Red.

Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

Don't be too surprised if your quoted about £250 at a Mazda dealer.
2017 CX 3 1.5 Diesel Sport Nav
Andyl

Post by Andyl »

Found!

In the pocket of my work trousers and they got in the wash. I blame the keyless locking system 😬

Found it several washes later in the rubber door seal of the washing machine!

Took it apart, dried it out and hey presto I’m back to two working keys.
2015 Dynamic Blue 2 litre petrol Sport Nav. 2007 2.0 L Sport MX5 in True Red.
Wass

Post by Wass »

I sympathise with only having one key. I have noticed that dealers seem to attach great importance to having two working key fobs. With this in mind, when we looked at buying our CX, I enquired whether it had two keyfobs and was informed it hadnt. Having pointed out that the car seems to be immediately worth less to dealers if it doesn't have two working keyfobs I asked them to provide a car with two working keyfobs. This was done with no argument at all. I will hasten to add, I was purchasing the car at a Mazda dealership. Apparently in our cars past it was previously a mobility car ad the dealer commented that mobility cars rarely arrive with two keys. Getting Mazda to provide a second key does involve giving them your original key along with the car , they dont just order it , they have to programme it when the new key arrives.I am not certain as to whether the new key comes ready cut to order or whether they have to cut that too as well as programme it. Comparing our two keys: the new one doesnt look exactly the same as the old one you can see where it has been ground.
2018 CX-3 SE-L NAV 2l auto fwd,white