Coolant/heater too cold? help please

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
thetyrant

Post by thetyrant »

Hi,

Looking for feedback from any other users with ability to measure their coolant temps on 2.0 CX3 please

Quick story please bear with me, ive recently purchased a 2019 2.0 sport nav here in the Uk and felt heater performance was poor and MPG seems to be dropping so suspected cold running among other things, plugged in my OBD unit and checked for error codes in the Torque app but non present, i did however spot coolant temp only seems to get upto around 70c before dropping back down to 65-68c under normal driving, when coasting it drops below 65c all of this doesnt look right to me.

Its currently in Mazda dealer for folding mirror replaced under warranty and asked them to look into cold running, just came back saying mirror replaced and car warms up fine! i then asked if they test drove it but apparently not it was just sat in workshop idling and it was fine, they are going to test drive it later today and hopefully confirm the problem and sort it but i have my doubts due to not already doing this!

My question to all you guys is anyone with a obd scanner or app etc can they tell me the coolant temperture they achive under normal driving please, im sure it should be 80c/176f +

Thanks
2019 CX5 2.0 awd