Potential New CX3 Owner

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
TEB

Post by TEB »

Hi,
new to the forum so would like to say hello.

Currently in the process of purchasing a CX3 petrol AWD which will be my first Mazda to replace a Panda 4x4 as the other half doesn't find it a particularly comfortable car to travel in or to drive.

Had a look at a small number of examples before settling on a low mileage 2018 example, however I noticed some had notable wear particularly to the drivers seat offside seat bolster despite having no more than average miles for their age. Appreciate this side of the seat is going to be subject to more wear when getting in and out of the car but it seemed more than I've experienced with other brands and therefore it made me wonder if this is a known issue with the CX3, or have I just happened to come across examples which have had more than there fare share of use and abuse.

Many thanks
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Not really had any wear over 85k miles & white (half stone) leather seats.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Hi., and wlcome to the forums.

There was a front seat related TSB in April 2016 for CX-3s with VINs from JMZ DK **** **100001 to 157794 produced up to April 1 2016. After this date a mass production change was made.

The subject of the TSB was "The seat cushion pad may temporarily fall into inside of the seat frame and then may be shaved by the edge of the frame when it returns to the original position."

The repair at a Mazda dealer during normal warranty period, if notified by a customer, was to add a supporting mat under the front seat cushion pad and replace the damaged pad with a new one.

That's the only seat pad related issue I'm aware of. My 2015 fake leather seats are fine, but I've never looked at the front seats of another CX-3.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
TEB

Post by TEB »

Many thanks for the welcome and replies, reassuring to hear its more likely heavy wear by the previous owners rather than anything else.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual