Firmware update ???

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Lomax44

Post by Lomax44 »

Hi
I’ve been having issues with my screen just showing the Mazda sign flicking on and off then asking me to agree to the legal bit. The radio still works in the background but not turning over immediately when the music option eventually opens. The sat nav usually kicks in about 20 miles into any journey. Then stays on. Has anyone had this issue ? I have updated the toolbox communication phone music etc and today they are opening up straight away. I haven’t updated the map so I am wondering if it’s worth it and will it fix it ? I have a booking at Mazda for the end of the month but if I can fix myself I would prefer that. Or is it a Mazda firmware issue? Any advice would be most appreciated. I have a cx3 2.0 sport 4wd.

Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

If its under warranty, it's Mazdas problem. If not other option are either a factory reset or disconnect and reconnect the battery. Both will force the system to reboot and hopefully clear out any gremlins.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Probably first worth trying a simple reset of the Infotainment system. This you can do yourself by pressing and holding the Mute, Nav, and Back buttons together for at least 10 seconds. If this fixes it great and just hope the problem doesn't occur again. Note that all your history and saved locations will be lost, or at least that was my experience when I did a reset. It seems they aren't saved on your SD card.

If a reset doesn't make any difference then it's possible the latest firmware version would solve the problems. The latest version - as of Dec 2022 - of the European firmware is 74.00.324A EU N. Your current version is shown within the Settings About option on the Infotainment screen.

It is possible to update it yourself if you are confident of exactly following the steps required. See this thread on the other CX-3 forum https://www.cx3forum.com/threads/mazda- ... ted.11610/ and the ASH8 member there is the guy with all the information and he can supply you the links to the steps and files required if you message him.

Otherwise you'll have to get a Mazda dealer to do it for you for which they will charge, unless your car is still in warranty and you can complain of a specific issue or fault with the system that the latest version should resolve.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Lomax44

Post by Lomax44 »

Thank you so much for the replies, I have carried out the simple reset and this appears to have woke the system up. After a couple of minutes the sat nav turned on. I have turned off the engine and all is working well. Thank you very much.