Another day another issue unfortunately!

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
PJBCX-3

Post by PJBCX-3 »

Drove to Cumbria today from London, c. 300 miles, and just before we got here the oil light came on.

Checked the infotainment and in there is says Oil Change due so wondering if it is to do with that but when I tried to reset that it wouldn’t let me.

Will check the level in the morning but in the meantime does anyone know if this could be linked? And if so how I can reset the setting interval. The Setting is on flexible and says oil life 0%.

Still loving the car despite everything I should add!

Thanks for reading

b4e840ef-8008-42eb-a40c-e8ba34b080f5.jpg

2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, 1.5d, manual, white pearl

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

If the oil life is set to 'Flexible' the ECU will have determined the state of the oil and there isn't an interval to reset. You need to do an oil & filter change and then reset the oil data stored in the ECU.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
PJBCX-3

Post by PJBCX-3 »

Thanks JT, it is set to flexible.

Do you know if the ECU tests or or goes on mileage/time since changed?

Also I'm struggling to find anywhere that can do it up here but family have an oil pump to drain it from the dip stick and I can then refill it for now and get my garage to do it next week when I'm home, but then I'll still need to reset the warning on the Infotainment screen.
PJBCX-3

Post by PJBCX-3 »

Does anyone know how to clear the oil change due on the Infotainment system please. Tried the reset on the screen, holding down the trip button and the accelerator depress 3 times but it's not cleared and garage I'm at are struggling to clear it after the oil change. Thanks
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

The ECU uses an algorithm based on various engine operating conditions to determine oil life.

I leave the oil changes and resets to my Mazda dealer, however there is a section of the Owner's Manual which explains (for DIY'ers) how to reset the oil data stored in the ECU which must be done after each oil change. I suspect that this will also reset the oil life to 100%.

oildatareset.jpg

It can also be reset by shorting a test point in the engine compartment fusebox to ground or by using the Mazda M-MDS diagnostics computer.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
PJBCX-3

Post by PJBCX-3 »

Thanks Julian

I've tried that and it didn't work so I'll have to pop it into my man on Tuesday and if he can be do it I need to update the infotainment so will do that as have read that can prevent the reset working.
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

I would also check your oil level. It's probably above the full mark with added diesel from failed regens. Our M2 is exactly the same. OLM will drop from 100% to zero in less than 6000 miles of mixed driving.

Going forward if I keep the car I will do oil and filter changes every 6 months or 3000 miles. If you shop around you can get a decent filter and oil for about £30. So for 30 minutes of your time you will be doing you engine a favour.

Sadly, these Mazda euro 6 diesels are ticking time bombs, especially if you are doing regular short journeys.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

Just checked our M2 today and OLM is down to 50% after 3359 miles in 6 months and the DPF has regenerated 31 times or on average every 108.35 miles. The oil level is halfway between the hole and the X mark on the dipstick.

This is down from every 137.64 miles on the previous lot of engine oil. What I don't is whether this decrease is is down to the DPF and/or emissions system getting clogged with soot or down to a change in the pattern of use.

Since December the car has main been used for 3 weekly round trips to York and back with fewer short journeys.

I suspect that lots of short journeys (where the engine does not get up to temp) could actually increase the mileage between regens as the necessary conditions are rarely met.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.