Terraclean or Walnut Blast

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
PJBCX-3

Post by PJBCX-3 »

Has anyone had a Terraclean or Walnut Blast done in the UK and what were the results and did you have to sign a waiver for the Terraclean in case they damaged the engine?
My 1.5d is running a lot better now since mechanic forced DPF but advised terraclean or walnut blast might be worthwhile and may prolong the life of the DPF although he did raise concern that they used to make you sign a waiver.

Thanks
2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, 1.5d, manual, white pearl

Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

PJBCX-3 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:30 pm Has anyone had a Terraclean or Walnut Blast done in the UK and what were the results and did you have to sign a waiver for the Terraclean in case they damaged the engine?
My 1.5d is running a lot better now since mechanic forced DPF but advised terraclean or walnut blast might be worthwhile and may prolong the life of the DPF although he did raise concern that they used to make you sign a waiver.

Thanks
No experience of either but they both seem to have benefits. A lot of the teraclean testimonials seem to be related to reducing emissions after an MOT failure or successfully removing limp mode.
Locally, teraclean treatments start from £110 but I guess walnut blasting would be more expensive.

I am genuinely interested, so let us know what you choose and how you get on.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Over on the CX-5 forums the general consensus seems to be that stripping down the intake manifold and walnut blasting is far superior to a Terraclean.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

jtonline wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:16 pm Over on the CX-5 forums the general consensus seems to be that stripping down the intake manifold and walnut blasting is far superior to a Terraclean.
Having seen the state of our cars inlet manifold I would tend to agree. I removed the pipe from the EGR, had a look and it was not reassuring.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
Stedmeister

Post by Stedmeister »

Cannot comment on doing this on a Mazda but my partners Mini Clubman (car before CX3) had the walnut treatment Photos taken after showed the manifold looking like new and a noticeable improvement in the drive so can definately recommend this treatment.
2016 Soul Red Sport Nav. Manual petrol.