Road noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Joval

Post by Joval »

The road noise at higher speeds is sometimes realy bad. Even at low speeds the noise is not good. I have changed the front tyres and it is still bad. I know the English roads are in a poor state [I.E. short of tar] and when resurfaced the noise is a bit better. Or is it the cars sound proofing thats the trouble? has anyone got the same problem?
CX3 sel-nav. 2.0 ltr. Petrol, manual. Soul red.

Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

What tyres have you got fitted? It seems a common thing with these cars, It's one of the first impressions i got of the car when i bought it, How bad the road noise was.
2017 CX 3 1.5 Diesel Sport Nav
Joval

Post by Joval »

Hi, My old tyres were Conti's, noise was realy bad even with 4/5mm tread left. they were Ok if road surfice is new but bad on any other. Decided to change all tyres to see if it helped. when I went to the tyre co. They advised using a cheaper tyre with a low noise level rating as most driving was local with the odd long run. They are a little quieter but not a lot. main advantage is Contis and the like need to run on long runs where they run at higher temps which avoids the rubber cracking , which they will when ran on stop start local runs, the cheaper tyre wares out a little quicker but dosen't crack the softer rubber. At half the price too. I have done about 5K now and still have 6/7mm left. I have also NOT noticed any difference in performance.
So speak as you find they say.
John.
CX3 sel-nav. 2.0 ltr. Petrol, manual. Soul red.