Beam deflectors

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
flooky

Post by flooky »

Are beam deflectors required for EU travel? - CX-3 (2017)

As there aren't any guiding lines on the glass, are deflectors required. I can't find anything to help on the internet.

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

flooky wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:41 am Are beam deflectors required for EU travel? - CX-3 (2017)

As there aren't any guiding lines on the glass, are deflectors required. I can't find anything to help on the internet.
Mazda did issue a Technical Service Bulletin back in September 2015 that applied to all their European range of vehicles, both the LHD and RHD models. It said :-

====================

"Adjustment of Headlights Optical Axis is not necessary when driving LHD vehicle in RHD country or vice versa......When you receive a customer inquiry about the above subject matter, please explain to the customer as below.

Copy from Owner’s Manual (The description has been added to the latest versions.)

Headlights are equipped which do not blind drivers approaching in the opposite direction no matter what side of the road you must drive your vehicle (left-hand or right-hand traffic). Therefore, it is not necessary to adjust the optical axis of the headlights when switching temporarily to driving on the opposite side of the road (left-hand or right-hand traffic).

====================

So there is no need for beam deflectors for EU travel
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
flooky

Post by flooky »

Many thanks. It's a pity this information is not in the manual!
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

flooky wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:10 pm Many thanks. It's a pity this information is not in the manual!

I hadn't found anything in my manual which is dated mid 2015. Seems they did finally add something to the manual by mid 2018, as I found this in an July 2018 electronic version - see the attached extract

Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016