100% TROUBLE FREE, 6 YEARS NOW.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
TAX

Post by TAX »

I had my 6 year service today, along with an MOT. (The service was £399 !)

The car has done just over 16000 miles and nothing, and I mean nothing, has gone wrong, broken down or failed to operate when asked to. Not even a light bulb! ... and no advisories on this or any of the previous MOTs.
The air con still blowing cold, the windows still go up and down, the mirrors and the wipers (2nd set of blades) do their stuff etc.etc.etc. and it runs just as smooth as the first day I had it.

The car sits in a garage for 3 months every winter whilst we go off to warmer climes, I disconnect the battery, pump up the tyres to 40psi, leave the handbrake off and when reconnecting the battery it starts first time as normal and all the radio pre-sets are still there.

I have wanted to change it for over 2 years now for a car with more room in the back and in the boot, but reliability is all to me and I just cant bring myself to change it.
I have had Audis and BMWs in the past, and they have always given trouble, mostly niggling electrical faults.

So well done Mazda, and thank you.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.

Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

I wouldn't expect much to go wrong on a low mileage (presumably petrol) cosseted and pampered garage queen.

Now if you had said it was an Alfa Romeo, I would have been more impressed!
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
TEB

Post by TEB »

Sounds similar to my brother-in-laws Mazda 2 experience, which he's had over 7 years.

However I wish I could say the same with our 68 plate CX3, which we purchased from main dealer 8 months ago. In this short time its needed a new battery, i-loop DC to DC converter, and capacitor, wing mirror motor, a door lock, along with corrosion treatment to the rear hatch door, plus more recently corrosion has started to appear on the roof. Similarly the car was low mileage, with 13.5k when I bought it with a full service history, now just below 18k.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Interesting about the service cost -will note for future.
What is the condition of your brakes? Have you had any work done on them?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
TAX

Post by TAX »

The front brakes are 40% worn, the rears 30%. Still on the original pads.

The service cost was a surprise, but the 6th service is a "major" service apparently, but even so it just involves changing a few more liquids and filters than the 12 and 24 month services. There are 3 Mazda dealerships in my area, and that was the cheapest quote.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

TAX wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:17 am The front brakes are 40% worn, the rears 30%. Still on the original pads.

The service cost was a surprise, but the 6th service is a "major" service apparently, but even so it just involves changing a few more liquids and filters than the 12 and 24 month services. There are 3 Mazda dealerships in my area, and that was the cheapest quote.
That price of £399 compares very well with my Mazda dealer in SE England cost of £544 for the same service carried out last year! Note the 6 yr service does include replacing the platinum spark plugs due ever 6 yrs - £121 incl VAT here - plus replacing the air filter due every 3 yrs - £25 incl VAT. Unfortunately in my part of the country 3 Mazda dealers have closed or lost their franchise in the last 6 years and they've never been replaced :(
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:41 pm Unfortunately in my part of the country 3 Mazda dealers have closed or lost their franchise in the last 6 years and they've never been replaced :(
Sorry to hijack a thread but.... @st3v3cx-3 not sure where in the SE you're located, but my local Mazda dealer in Crayford - Bourne Road Garage - is a family run business and has been at the same spot for many years, is highly regarded locally and I would definitely recommend! Courtesy cars are always available (sometimes one of the staff's vehicles) and I can't fault their service. Thought you may be interested?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

AndyRen wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:31 am
st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:41 pm Unfortunately in my part of the country 3 Mazda dealers have closed or lost their franchise in the last 6 years and they've never been replaced :(
Sorry to hijack a thread but.... @st3v3cx-3 not sure where in the SE you're located, but my local Mazda dealer in Crayford - Bourne Road Garage - is a family run business and has been at the same spot for many years, is highly regarded locally and I would definitely recommend! Courtesy cars are always available (sometimes one of the staff's vehicles) and I can't fault their service. Thought you may be interested?
Thanks for the info. I'll bear it in mind. I'm on the other size of the Thames in Essex and there is a dealer about 20 miles from me that I used for my the last service. It's just annoying that Mazda don't seem to replace closed dealerships in Essex in a spread out way.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016