Indicator not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
macdougal

Post by macdougal »

As I sit here waiting for the RAC, thought I would post here to see if anyone has any insight. Near side Indicators have stopped working. Physically they aren’t flashing and there is no “click” noise in the cabin. It does flicker briefly but then nothing. Drivers side ok. Also the electric door mirrors won’t work as of yesterday.
Those are the physical manifestations of the problem but if I’m being ultra paranoid I would swear that the car has “jerked” a couple of times recently (it’s an automatic) whilst pulling away from junctions etc. So not sure if it’s simply a fuse or wiring problem and I am imagining the throttle problem or symptomatic of something more serious……..

Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

macdougal wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:36 am As I sit here waiting for the RAC, thought I would post here to see if anyone has any insight. Near side Indicators have stopped working. Physically they aren’t flashing and there is no “click” noise in the cabin. It does flicker briefly but then nothing. Drivers side ok. Also the electric door mirrors won’t work as of yesterday.
Those are the physical manifestations of the problem but if I’m being ultra paranoid I would swear that the car has “jerked” a couple of times recently (it’s an automatic) whilst pulling away from junctions etc. So not sure if it’s simply a fuse or wiring problem and I am imagining the throttle problem or symptomatic of something more serious……..
Sounds (hopefully) like a fuse or relay. Good luck and please update us with how you get on.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
macdougal

Post by macdougal »

Due to the RAC getting here in record time I can update right now in fact. Sadly not a fuse or loose bulb etc. Three error codes returned on diagnostic so some sort of wiring / relay issue. Garage job.
The passenger mirror was replaced a few months ago (complete unit from Mazda) so wondering if that might have something to do with it. Anyway not simple and more money after just having to get the rear seatbelt replaced to get through MOT……..
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

macdougal wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:05 pm Due to the RAC getting here in record time I can update right now in fact. Sadly not a fuse or loose bulb etc. Three error codes returned on diagnostic so some sort of wiring / relay issue. Garage job.
The passenger mirror was replaced a few months ago (complete unit from Mazda) so wondering if that might have something to do with it. Anyway not simple and more money after just having to get the rear seatbelt replaced to get through MOT……..
Oh dear sorry to hear that. Was it the seat belt would not retract issue? Was it replaced at a Mazda dealership and if you don't mind me asking, what was the ££ damage.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.