How much condensation in the head lamp is "normal"

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
fillip2k

Post by fillip2k »

So, since I bought my CX-3 the drivers side headlamp has always had condensation in it that usually used to appear in the evening and usually go away. This was during the mini heatwave we had during September, before I went away for a week middle of October the condensation was steadily getting worse. However after the recent bad weather my light now looks like the picture. I've asked the dealership to look at it as to me that looks like an unacceptable amount of moisture in my lamp.

However, while I was chatting with a colleague I noticed there was a small amount collecting at the top of the offside lamp now too... :? :shock: :o

20231019_123352 (1).jpg

2018 Arctic White Sport Nav+ Petrol 2.0 (121bhp)

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

One Mazda TSB says that some condensation is inevitable and cannot be fixed by replacing the lamp. It states that the bulb can be removed and dry air blown into the lamp unit to dry it out as a temporary fix. An earlier TSB states that a check should be made to ensure the bulb socket seals are present and correctly installed.

E019-11.jpg

Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
fillip2k

Post by fillip2k »

Thanks Julian,

The CX03 is going back to the dealership Monday yet again. I have an issue where there the cold coolant light comes on even once the engine has warmed up and been driven for 30-40 minutes... So I've asked them to look at the headlight as well as the condensation never goes away, its streaking down the front of the lamp. So it definitely needs to be addressed. The small bit of condensation that does form in the offside unit seems to go away and never hangs around.

I guess we'll see what they say. But I think I'll be giving Mazda customer relations a call. So far pretty miffed with the random niggling issues the car is having.
fillip2k

Post by fillip2k »

Just had the car delivered back to me. The guys at the dealership have put a claim in on the warranty for the light. So 🤞🏾it gets approved and I can have a light that I couldn't use as a funky mobile goldfish bowl.... 😅