CX3 rear seatbelt problem

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Well done-what a relief!
Just wonder if this might become a recall issue ?
No-it won’t . It’ll just be “it’s cheaper to just do it for free” for genuine customers
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

Mrbluesky

Post by Mrbluesky »

My 2016 CX3 went for its MOT last week and failed. The person carrying out the checks had pulled a rear belts right out to inspect the webbing and now it will not retract.
As I need the car and the MOT was about to expire I chose to get my garage to order a replacement belt assembly, not easy using the awful Mazda spares call centre.
Part was shipped but lost so was re-ordered, will be fitted then submit for a retest.
Now worried it will happen to the other side.
CX-3 2016 Dynamic Blue Sport Nav 2.0 petrol manual with half Stone Leather.
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

Mrbluesky wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:00 pm My 2016 CX3 went for its MOT last week and failed. The person carrying out the checks had pulled a rear belts right out to inspect the webbing and now it will not retract.
As I need the car and the MOT was about to expire I chose to get my garage to order a replacement belt assembly, not easy using the awful Mazda spares call centre.
Part was shipped but lost so was re-ordered, will be fitted then submit for a retest.
Now worried it will happen to the other side.
Only a matter of time. Both have now been replaced on our 2016 Mazda 2. How much did you pay for the part?
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
Mrbluesky

Post by Mrbluesky »

Not sure yet, the part was ordered by my garage who were doing the MOT. Will find out when I get the bill but about £250.
CX-3 2016 Dynamic Blue Sport Nav 2.0 petrol manual with half Stone Leather.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

My 2016 also failed the MOT last Monday with non retracting seatbelt issue, before I could ask I was told Mazda pay 100%, ordered for next day then I tested +'ve for covid before I could get it back to them :roll:. Due back in tomorrow for replacement and re-test, I *may* question the re-test fee seeing as the failure is due to a known fault? What are my chances :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

AndyRen wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:13 pm My 2016 also failed the MOT last Monday with non retracting seatbelt issue, before I could ask I was told Mazda pay 100%, ordered for next day then I tested +'ve for covid before I could get it back to them :roll:. Due back in tomorrow for replacement and re-test, I *may* question the re-test fee seeing as the failure is due to a known fault? What are my chances :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very high chance indeed I would have thought. The acknowledged fault has causes the MOT failure and you should not be further out of pocket because of this.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Percy247 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:58 pm
AndyRen wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:13 pm My 2016 also failed the MOT last Monday with non retracting seatbelt issue, before I could ask I was told Mazda pay 100%, ordered for next day then I tested +'ve for covid before I could get it back to them :roll:. Due back in tomorrow for replacement and re-test, I *may* question the re-test fee seeing as the failure is due to a known fault? What are my chances :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very high chance indeed I would have thought. The acknowledged fault has causes the MOT failure and you should not be further out of pocket because of this.
I was within the free 10 day retest so no problem.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
TEB

Post by TEB »

My brother-in-law has a 65 plate Mazda 2 which he's had since nearly new. Both rear belts have been replaced, one under warranty, the other he ended up paying for, though he got the work done cheaper by going to an independent garage, instead of agreeing for the dealer to do the work.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual