Should I buy a Mazda CX-3?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Tafia

Post by Tafia »

Hi, I am looking to change my trusty Toyota Auris and having looked around I find the CX3 might fit the bill.

I am however concerned to note several sites claiming various problems with the vehicle. I was also hoping the car would have a higher seating position but CarWow review says the seats are hardly any higher than a hatchback.. That true?

One thing that attracted me was the the torque converter gear box which appears more reliable than CVT or double clutch autos.

Would the CX3 be as reliable as the Auris which has not missed a beat in 8 years of ownership?

Thanks in advance,

T.

Tafia

Post by Tafia »

Oops, Sorry for the title typo.

T
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I have a CX-3, only driven 10,000 miles in it. However it has never missed a beat so far.
I think a lot of choice is based on reliability and from reports I have read there is nothing wrong with the CX-3. As good as any Japanese car.
I think the problem is that when you start searching particular sites you tend to find similar answers. Don't search, if it's Japanese and has the things you're after try it, if you don't like it try something else.
Simple!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
TAX

Post by TAX »

I have had my CX3 for almost 6 years now, and nothing has gone wrong, stopped working, come off or failed. Not even a rattle or a light bulb. I have been very pleased with it. It is very good to drive, the auto gearbox is excellent and apart from the 18" wheels that it sits on giving it a harsh ride over less than smooth roads, I have no complaints whatsoever, but the usefulness of the wonderful head up display more than makes up for the occasionally harsh ride.

If you are buying second hand, check that it has had its recalls attended to. There was one for the air con, and a more recent one for the fuel pump.
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Mine is 6 years old, 85k miles & I've never had any problems.
From what I read don't buy a diesel.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I've corrected the typo in the topic title for you ;)

I've had a diesel since 2015. (Don't buy a diesel if you only do short trips). The auto gearbox is great.
Had air con condenser issue which most early CX-3s had and was fixed under warranty. A noisy folding door mirror that was fixed under warranty. A fuel filter housing issue that was fixed under goodwill policy. Corrosion on the alloy wheels which I fixed myself. Broken coil spring. Rust on the liftgate around the number plate lights & reversing camera.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Tafia

Post by Tafia »

Thanks to all for your replies. Much appreciated.
Bosskibola

Post by Bosskibola »

Compared to a Smaller Mazda like mazda 3?