Ante theft transmitter -posssible fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Had to call for breakdown assistance the other day. A sudden mass of yellow warning lights and an alarm. Technician quickly diagnosed the fault as "ante theft transmitter". He "reset" it using his laptop--and the vehicle has been fine since. Technician suggested further investigation and advised I ask Mazda if there had been any recalls re this specific issue.
I've done a quick bit surfing and one thing that kept coming up was a possible car battery fault and/or a key fob battery needing changing.
Has anyone else had this issue please or can kindly input some advice/experiences?
Thanks
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

hamzahhabib

Post by hamzahhabib »

hope i can help, but i cant
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Dogfuzz wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:52 am Had to call for breakdown assistance the other day. A sudden mass of yellow warning lights and an alarm. Technician quickly diagnosed the fault as "ante theft transmitter". He "reset" it using his laptop--and the vehicle has been fine since. Technician suggested further investigation and advised I ask Mazda if there had been any recalls re this specific issue.
I've done a quick bit surfing and one thing that kept coming up was a possible car battery fault and/or a key fob battery needing changing.
Has anyone else had this issue please or can kindly input some advice/experiences?
Thanks
Thankfully, touch wood, I've not experienced this on my 2016 car. Somehow I doubt if it is the key fob battery that's causing the problem but it's very easy and cheap to replace the battery in it if you've not done it in the last year or so. I've seen posts on forums, not just Mazda, where owners have had problems where a large number of the the dash lights have lit up and it seemed to be a problem with the car's battery charge level being too low. Could be worth investing in either a hydrometer or battery tester or both - can be got for around £20 in total - to see if your car's battery is needing charging or even changing. If you are still on the car's original battery then 6 years is a good innings. Hope you can get the problem sorted before requiring a further breakdown assistance.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Very helpful-Thankyou
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018