Maintenance light

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Lordy1

Post by Lordy1 »

Will be doing that tonight thanks mate.will let you know if it has a lasting effect.
CX 3 Sports Nav Diesel Auto AWD Ceramic

Lordy1

Post by Lordy1 »

Have booked car in for a check next week, a good response from my dealer stated that if the oil had deteriorated in any way they would pay for the oil and filter change. They mentioned flooding of the oil with fuel due to the engine being switched off half way through a DPF regeneration (Anchorman mentioned it months ago) that might be a culprit, interestingly (wife's car only use it at the weekends) checked the oil and it is now halfway to the X mark !! This is despite her doing about 60-80 miles per day, trouble is I don't think she would notice a change in the engine noise denoting the regeneration process-I have only experienced it once so far.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

When mine is regenerating, it will not shut the engine down at traffic lights, stinks of hot metal (exhaust) and the fan runs after getting out. I think I’ve done 4500 miles and the oil seems a fraction over full whereas it was a fraction under when I got it. I might just change the oil and filter at 6 months (March).
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Gus

Post by Gus »

anchorman wrote:When mine is regenerating, it will not shut the engine down at traffic lights, stinks of hot metal (exhaust) and the fan runs after getting out. I think I’ve done 4500 miles and the oil seems a fraction over full whereas it was a fraction under when I got it. I might just change the oil and filter at 6 months (March).
I don't have the diesel but I was thinking of changing the oil as I have just hit the 4K mark, bit of a decision though as dealer says he will change it for £99 using 0w/20, the oil itself is close to £60 for 5L with carriage plus the filter itself.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Lordy1

Post by Lordy1 »

Visit to the dealers today and they put the maintenance light down to a software fault, reset it but still didn't update it. Didn't ask for the update as was en route to work and was running out of time. Though what did impress me was that when I checked my email later, they had sent me a narrated video of their inspection when the car was up on the ramp. Never had that before !
Gus

Post by Gus »

Lordy1 wrote:Visit to the dealers today and they put the maintenance light down to a software fault, reset it but still didn't update it. Didn't ask for the update as was en route to work and was running out of time. Though what did impress me was that when I checked my email later, they had sent me a narrated video of their inspection when the car was up on the ramp. Never had that before !
Had it done for my motorbike, but not for a car, for the motorbike it is a good way of showing the oil and filter had been replaced and various parts had been taken off and changed.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
GARRYT

Post by GARRYT »

Had my 12500 mile service 2 weeks and 1000 miles ago. The dealers updated the software and the light hasn't been on since
Soul red D 2wd manual sport nav