Safety Cameras Warnings

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
CX3 Boy

Post by CX3 Boy »

f anyone can help i have problem with the Satnav

I updated the maps from the November update and 1 am no longer able to get speed camera warnings. Audible or on the screen. All the ticked boxes
are correct etc. I have done a factory reset. Still not working. So is the update corrupt ?
If i restore to my previous backup everything is fully functional .
I have raised a support ticket at www.mazdahsndsfree.com and they suggest a firmware update to 56.00.230.

Anybody else had problems ?

I have had the software updated. Still no warnings. Mazda have since copied the sd card for them to look at and get back to me. My dealer
has told me they have had a few more owners with the same problem.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I think it's a problem with the map data files from HERE. It's not the infotainment version, as I have 56.00.230 and notice that the mobile speed camera warning on a local road has disappeared since the last map update I did last month. I can't say if all speed camera warnings have gone because I don't go past any on my usual daily route to/from work.

I expect we'll have to wait and see what happens at the next map update.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
CX3 Boy

Post by CX3 Boy »

My dealer told me Mazda had raised the issue with the mapping company after they had updated the firmware and the problem still persists. This was about six weeks ago..
Nichuk

Post by Nichuk »

[Moderator note: This post has been merged with existing topic]

I read elsewhere on this forum that some people were having problems with the safety camera warning sound not being heard, with some people suggesting it was following a new map update.

I have a brand new CX3 (got it last Saturday) and it has the latest version of the software on it, but the safety camera warning makes no sound at all. Has anyone found a solution ?
CX3 Boy

Post by CX3 Boy »

I was told by my dealer last week the problem is still ongoing.
Nichuk

Post by Nichuk »

Thanks. I'll have to contact my dealer, raise the issue, and ask them to contact me when a solution has been found by Mazda. It's ridiculous. Must be a simple software issue that could be fixed very easily if they actually tried to.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I'm hoping for an update in this - without the warnings, the sat nav is less than useful...
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

Mine works OK, both with visual and sound but I've only been able to prove it's working when the camara's are on the map. A camera near us doesn't cause a warning and doesn't show on the map.....not sure if this means its a dummy or not. I've so far not been able to prove that the radar sensor warns of camera's.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

the speed cameras pops up on the screen (visual) and I get no audible prompt :(
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

ps - what are the radar sensors ????