Electric windows. Is this normal ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Jakeyboy

Post by Jakeyboy »

Hi Is it normal to have to turn the engine back on to close the passenger window. A couple of times I have forgot to shut the windows and turned engine off. The driver window will still close if I notice straight away but the passenger one will not. I tried just putting electric on by pressing button without clutch but it wont shut unless I start the car up fully. Seems odd and a tad annoying. My old car I could close the windows for a short time even after switching off. I could also press and hold the remote key fob lock button and they wud all close even with ignition off. Thank u
Mazda CX3 SE 2.0 Petrol in arctic white

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Its H&S PC etc etc.

They di it to stop the kids trapping their extremities. Its normal.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Jakeyboy

Post by Jakeyboy »

Oh, more health and safety. Ok. Thought I had a fault. Thanks very much for the mega quick reply.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Jakeyboy wrote:...I tried just putting electric on by pressing button without clutch but it wont shut unless I start the car up fully. Seems odd and a tad annoying...
You do need the ignition on to operate the passenger window, but you don't need to actually start the engine.

Leave foot off clutch (or brake pedal on an auto) and press Start/Stop button once for Accessories (like turning ignition key one position on old fashioned cars) then press Start/Stop again for Ignition (like turning ignition key to 2nd position). Operate window, then press Start/Stop button a third time to turn off ignition.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Jakeyboy

Post by Jakeyboy »

Great. That's very useful. Thanks very much.