Safety recall front suspension

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Just received a recall for the above, stating that some mounting bolts require checking asap. States the work will take 1.5 hrs. Cannot think i am alone with this, but cannot see any other details or mentions on the forum.

Anybody else had the letter?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I've not had a letter but will keep an eye out for one.
The CX-3 doesn't appear on the DVSA recalls database
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

For sure it effects CX3s. I've got a tsb somewhere, I'll post it later.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Here it is;
CX3 suspension recall TSB.pdf
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 1523 times
This is the US bulletin but the UK is the same.
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

Oh dear! My aircon has just failed, the sat nav keeps locking up and the tracking is still out of alignment, now this... I could be hiring a car to go on holiday... groan.
igloo_si

Post by igloo_si »

called mazda UK, nothing on their system
Petrol Ceramic White SE-L 03/16 CX3
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Very strange. I have received letter and txt from Mazda. Also visited dealer to discuss service plans,and they were aware. Maybe the recall is very VIN specific and you are one of the lucky ones not to be affected.

Service plans, well that's a whole new PIA.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

mum@mazda wrote:Very strange. I have received letter and txt from Mazda. Also visited dealer to discuss service plans,and they were aware. Maybe the recall is very VIN specific and you are one of the lucky ones not to be affected.

I rang the dealer yesterday about the aircon fail and mentioned the recall situation, they have no info on this as yet, I sent them Anchormans pdf too, then they ran my car reg through the system and computer says 'no recall' - the fella said it may have been corrected at manufacture already, but let's see - I was just concerned as I'm off on holiday with the car in a few weeks...
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Aye, it'll pop up in a bit. There's no way the running gear build is segregated by left and right hand drive on the production line. Either that or Mazda UK are not declaring it and doing a check on service but it will be there.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

mum@mazda wrote:Very strange. I have received letter and txt from Mazda. Also visited dealer to discuss service plans,and they were aware. Maybe the recall is very VIN specific and you are one of the lucky ones not to be affected.

Re service plans - please be very aware that Mazda dealers can either be selling their own plan or a Mazda UK administered one. With the former type, you are limited to having the service done solely by that dealership (or another in the same chain of dealers) whereas the Mazda UK administered one means you can take you car to any of the dealers who are in the scheme. This latter type could be very beneficial if you were to :-

a) move out of the area during the 3 year plan period and would find getting back to the original dealer for a service completely impractical
b) found you didn't get on with the dealer who originally sold the plan or their workmanship left a lot to be desired
c) hit a problem when the dealer goes bust during the period of your plan leaving you trying to get some kind of refund from the liquidator / administrator or credit card company if used to purchase the plan

I can speak from practical experience re (c) as the dealer I purchased the plan from (which I'd been told was a Mazda UK registered one paid at the going rate, but turns out now it wasn't) went bust after 2 months of my new car ownership. There's another thread in this forum outlining my experiences so far. At present the signs are looking more positive that Mazda UK will be arranging for me and other customers affected by the problem to be registered with the Mazda UK plan and thus be able to use other dealers in the plan when the time comes for the annual service.

A 3 year period of a service plan can be quite a long period in the sometimes turbulent ups and downs of car dealer franchises or financing problems. The additional cost of the Mazda UK scheme vs a dealer's scheme can be well worth it imho.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016