AirCon Issues

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

amigoforlavida wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:56 am Southport Mazda confirmed new condenser required which they have ordered. Good service, looked at it straight away, no hanging around :-)
Same thing with Perry's Portsmouth; also doing the control knobs (and circuitry) which may explain why I never believed it was a true Climate Control system!
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)

alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

Nordkapp wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:43 pm Hi all, for those who are having air con problems above, can you indicate the year and model of CX 3 affected? I note some of you are new members but that is not to say your car is a 2017 model.
I am looking to buy a 2nd hand CX3 but I understand the air con issues were resolved July 2016 onwards? Would I be correct in that assumption?
Mines a Sept 2015 purchase and the aircon has only just failed. The July 2016 date is my understanding too.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

All fixed today. The A/C and climate control appears to be working as it should at long last.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather
Gus

Post by Gus »

Update time.

The evaporator has been replaced..... yippee not, as the condensor has gone again, so now I am on back order again for a new condensor so I guess that will be another month or two. Flaming thing.

The tailgate struts have been replaced as apparently that is the next thing on the bulletins, four wheels are on order,

I am now seriously thinking of ditching this and going back to Toyota, hell any other manufacturer.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Apparently any condensers fitted early, may not be the modified type hence why I am on back order for a second new condensor as when it was previously replaced it was by the same non modified part and it has popped its clogs again......

Parts so far
1 x condensor (unmodified)
1 x control panel (modified)
1 x evaporator (modified)
2 x sealing washers
Back order 1 x condensor (modified)

Only thing left as original is the compressor.......

Interesting conversation if you had to pay to replace the condensor circa £1100 for the condensor and regas.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

My control panel was replaced in March

This week the aircon packed up after making a screeching noise - with air con on, moving the temp dial has no effect whatsoever :(

With all these aircon problems, I doubt I will keep my car outside the warranty period...
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Gus wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:33 pm Update time.

The evaporator has been replaced..... yippee not, as the condensor has gone again, so now I am on back order again for a new condensor so I guess that will be another month or two. Flaming thing.

The tailgate struts have been replaced as apparently that is the next thing on the bulletins, four wheels are on order,

I am now seriously thinking of ditching this and going back to Toyota, hell any other manufacturer.
Can recommend the CX-5 (if it hadn't been stolen). It did have a left mirror and a pair of rear calipers but it was a dream to drive and the aircon was superb.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
alanwoodie

Post by alanwoodie »

Mazda Cx-3 Se-l Nav auto. October 2015

In the process of buying above car from Milcars, Watford to be informed that the air con. condenser needs replacing, which could take up to 3/4 weeks.
Appears there is a recall on certain chassis numbers.
As I am new to this forum, and buying my first ever Mazda, I hope that I'm not making a mistake.
Love the look of the car.
Mazda Cx-3 SE-L NAV AUTO. October 2015
BLUE.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

I can only say that our car (2.0 Sport Nav MT) has been absolutely fantastic! Mazda has a great reliability record anyway!!! ☺
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Gus

Post by Gus »

alanwoodie wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:13 am Mazda Cx-3 Se-l Nav auto. October 2015

In the process of buying above car from Milcars, Watford to be informed that the air con. condenser needs replacing, which could take up to 3/4 weeks.
Appears there is a recall on certain chassis numbers.
As I am new to this forum, and buying my first ever Mazda, I hope that I'm not making a mistake.
Love the look of the car.
I have had bad luck, but to be fair to Mazda everything is being done under warranty, just there is a bit of delay on parts due to it warming up weather wise, I find that windows open does work reasonably well and kinda of simulates the MX-5 experience :lol: