Clutch Sliping after 11k

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
jimmcnestry

Post by jimmcnestry »

Any ideas? After about 80 to 100 miles on each & every journey for the last 2 weeks I get clutch slippage for a short while. This even happens when using cruise control. It does seem to go away after a short while, then runs fine. Typically happens midway through a long drive then clears. Once it's gone you can't reproduce it even if you try. Company car through Lex auto-lease, so not worried about the cost, that's with them. Just the hassle of it all wondering if it's going to fail completely. Been to garage, they can't find anything obvious. Car was registered new January this year!! Only 11k on the clock, CX3 Sport Nav 1.5 diesel.

tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Mazda need to investigate this problem! Maybe contact another dealer for advice.
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Maybe it's not the clutch slipping, but just sounds like it. This thread may shine some light on it.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1063
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
welshwhizz

Post by welshwhizz »

Strangely enough, I have the identical model, recently purchased from new and after around 3000 miles, on long journey's and when accelerating up a slip road onto a motorway or up hill in a rural area, same thing, clutch slip. I watched the rev counter so know it was slipping, happened a few times now, dealer took it on a test drive, no problem, blamed the fact on having an extra carpet on the floor ?? - Last time it happened, I fully pressed in the clutch and quickly removed my foot, pedal sprung back and problem ended - have contacted dealer again but it is a strange situation as it is not always there
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

What do you know?

A TSB has turned up stating that too much grease may have been used on the input shaft spline on assembly. Those effected are entitled to a complete clutch under warranty.
Clutch slips when accelerating..pdf
(321.29 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
welshwhizz

Post by welshwhizz »

My dealer eventually contacted Mazda UK and received this info about the excessive grease and have since replaced the clutch - I found it so frustrating that they didn't take it more seriously earlier on
welshwhizz

Post by welshwhizz »

Just got use to the forum and the many great posts, but after paint problems and finally the clutch, I lost faith in the dealer and went elsewhere and got a bargain CX5 Sport Nav with 55 miles and got offered a great deal so unfortunately after such a short time, its Goodbye

Regards, Welshwhizz
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

welshwhizz wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:17 pm Just got use to the forum and the many great posts, but after paint problems and finally the clutch, I lost faith in the dealer and went elsewhere and got a bargain CX5 Sport Nav with 55 miles and got offered a great deal so unfortunately after such a short time, its Goodbye

Regards, Welshwhizz
I've got a CX-5, you don't have to go!
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

welshwhizz wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:17 pm Just got use to the forum and the many great posts, but after paint problems and finally the clutch, I lost faith in the dealer and went elsewhere and got a bargain CX5 Sport Nav with 55 miles and got offered a great deal so unfortunately after such a short time, its Goodbye

Regards, Welshwhizz

Doesn't the CX5 run the same engine, gearbox and clutch?
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Greenman wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:47 pm

Regards, Welshwhizz

Doesn't the CX5 run the same engine, gearbox and clutch?
It's the same on the petrol. Just slightly higher output.