Retail Rant

The place to discuss everything else..
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Having had the zip go ping on my trousers on the way to work today I popped into the well known high shop for a replacement pair.

Now I want a slim or tailored fit as the so called “regular fit” whatever that means, look like Oxford Bags on me as I am slightly built.

Size required 32 waist x 31 long in black or dark blue. Having gone through rows and rows of regular fit I find in a dusty cobweb ridden corner the “selection” of slim fit. I find three possibles.

Yippee!

Now they have 30 x 31, 34 x 31, 32 x 29, 32 x 33 – so I asked an assistant.

Tap tap tap on the keyboard, “sorry they are all out of stock”. Then came the words that burnt into my brain – “they are a very popular size you know”. To which I replied “well why don’t you stock more of them?” – blank look.

Undeterred on the way out I spotted a nice looking pair of shoes- you guessed it – no size 7.

The high street might be dieing but it’s not because we don’t spend, it’s because we can’t.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Handy Andy.....just you wait you have worse to come, when you reach a certain age seventy did you realize you suddenly become completely stupid.
That is how it seems you are treated, the latest example at the doctors the booking in screen didn't work for me when I told the reception lady she said are you sure you put in your correct birthday and name, my name begins with a G, I said perhaps I put in S for stupid by mistake.
Just one of many....although you can use it to your advantage sometimes.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi Dave, I am a bit behind you but am already starting to feel the benefits of older age. I even get young people, usually women, offering me their seat on trains. I thank them, rub my knee, which is perfect by the way, and sit down.

Andy
1Monty

Post by 1Monty »

Handy Andy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:57 pm Hi Dave, I am a bit behind you but am already starting to feel the benefits of older age. I even get young people, usually women, offering me their seat on trains. I thank them, rub my knee, which is perfect by the way, and sit down.

Andy

Better still, rub her knee then apologise and say your eye sight is very poor with tunnel vision :D
SINCE FEB 2018 I NO LONGER OWN VEHICLE
CX-3 Sport Nav - 2.0L Petrol - 2017 - Manual - 2WD - Eternal Blue Metallic - Half Leather - 44.3mpg on a good day down hill with a strong wind behind 😎
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Now there's a thought.
:twisted:
Mrbluesky

Post by Mrbluesky »

Hi Andy
I also get very annoyed when the popular sizes are out of stock, mainly because when it happens I get a tirade from an average sized Mrs Bluesky about why the b####y places can't get their stocking policy right.
I find it even more frustrating as I worked in an organisation where a lot of time and effort was spent making sure thousands of parts were available all day and every day, otherwise the business would have failed.
DIY stores are just as bad, often the common sized bits are all gone or parts that need a matching bit (like the sleeves in plastic water pipe fittings) are no where to be seen.

Rant over, Richard
CX-3 2016 Dynamic Blue Sport Nav 2.0 petrol manual with half Stone Leather.
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Running out of any item was meant to be a thing of the past, many years ago . Computers were our saviours, with automatic stock re-ordering when certain levels were reached, and never an empty shelf!!! Yeh!!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Mrbluesky .....can't get their stocking policy right..... Try buying tights instead! 😁
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
BRY

Post by BRY »

Having spent forty years in menswear I wouldn’t say that 30 or 32 waist are popular ,neither is size 7mens shoes.
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

BRY wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:50 pm Having spent forty years in menswear I wouldn’t say that 30 or 32 waist are popular ,neither is size 7mens shoes.
I'm a freak ! Doh.