Water drain points under bonnet

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Bobc

Post by Bobc »

Hello again. I am still amazed how enjoyable I am finding driving the CX-3, after 2 whole weeks ownership.
Just one query so far. On my previous car, the Rover75, there was a well known problem that caused many owners an expensive repair, which was blocked drainage holes in the plenum chamber in front of the windscreen. This caused the chamber to fill up with rainwater, which then drowned the main ECU, which was fitted in the pollen filter space. Result was a new ECU, at considerable expense, plus flooded carpets as the water came in through the heater duct.. I was always very careful to keep mine cleaned out, and had no problems. I may be being paranoid, but is there a similar drain hole in the CX-3 ?
Thanks for your help,

Bob.
CX-3 Sport Nav, May 2017, 1.5d, manual , AWD, jet black pearl.

tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Yes you are paranoid!! ☺
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I have cleaned out dozens of those ridiculous rubber drains following soaked cabin filters and carpets on 75s. What a typically hopeless idea that somehow plagued british cars.

No such worries with the CX3. Have a play with the hose pipe and watch it disappear unimpeded via very sensible body drains.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Bobc

Post by Bobc »

Thanks anchorman, that puts my mind at rest. I can now go off and enjoy driving.
Bob.
CX-3 Sport Nav, May 2017, 1.5d, manual , AWD, jet black pearl.
Beachman

Post by Beachman »

when you wash yhe car open all doors and watch it run
Se-l nav auto dynamic blue petrol
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

anchorman wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:36 pm I have cleaned out dozens of those ridiculous rubber drains following soaked cabin filters and carpets on 75s. What a typically hopeless idea that somehow plagued british cars.

No such worries with the CX3. Have a play with the hose pipe and watch it disappear unimpeded via very sensible body drains.
My son experienced the flooded ECU problem on his Rover 75 Tourer. He replaced it with a Mazda 5 for his growing family. So far, so good.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

I have an old dipstick that has cleared many of those drains especially after leaf fall. It was quite satisfying to watch it all disappear down that hole!!!
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD