CarPlay finally

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
DrewUK

Post by DrewUK »

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/03/28/ma ... pport/amp/

(taken from web)

Mazda today officially announced its plans to bring Apple’s in-car system to its vehicles. Mazda made the announcement at the New York International Auto Show

Mazda says the 2018 Mazda6 will be the first model to support CarPlay in the United States, starting later this summer. The system will be available as an upgrade to all 2018 Mazda6 variants that are at the Touring trim level or higher. Mazda also says that all customers who already own a 2018 Mazda6 when CarPlay is made available this summer will have the option to retroactively add the feature to their vehicle.

Meanwhile, a press release on Mazda’s website in Canada says CarPlay will be available on the 2019 CX-9, as well. The automaker didn’t announce this compatibility during its press event at the New York International Auto Show, so it’s unclear if CarPlay will be available in CX-9 models outside of Canada.

Furthermore, the press release indicates that CarPlay will be available as a genuine Mazda accessory retrofit for all Mazda Connect systems this fall. Mazda Connect first came to market in 2014, so theoretically, CarPlay could be coming to a fleet of Mazda vehicles this year.

During the press conference, Mazda also announced the addition of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support to its vehicle line-up. In Canada, these mobile device connectivity technologies will first be offered in the 2019 CX‑9 launching this summer, and then rolled out across the entire model line-up thereafter.
In addition, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be available as a Genuine Mazda Accessory retrofit for MAZDA CONNECT systems starting this fall.

As seems to be the case more often than not with CarPlay rollouts, there are still quite a few unknowns about Mazda’s plans. While the press release on the company’s Canada website offers a few details, the presentation at the New York International Auto Show was annoyingly vague. Thus, it appears that we will just have to wait and see.
CX-3 Sport Nav+, Soul Red Crystal, 2.0 Petrol, Automatic, Safety Pack.

valentin

Post by valentin »

https://www.mazda.ca/en/inside-mazda/ny-auto-show/ Hi ,the official news about the Mazda cx3
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I wonder how much Mazda will charge owners who want to retrofit the Apple Carplay and Android Auto to their existing Mazda Connect systems?
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I understand Carplay and Android Auto can be 'side loaded' to the CX3 - but of course your Mazda Warranty would be void!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

AndyRen wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:50 pm I understand Carplay and Android Auto can be 'side loaded' to the CX3 - but of course your Mazda Warranty would be void!
There is a version for Android that doesn't invalidate the warranty. Provided you are using a Mazda Connect version prior to 59.00.502, software is loaded from a memory stick each time the car starts. Nothing is permanently installed. Not sure why it hasn't gained greater traction and AIO Tweaks is king.
http://www.lukasz-skalski.com/portfolio ... ng Started
An App (paid) allows the choice of function - Android Auto, video playback, etc.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwrKzohHP-w[/youtube]
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

What does CarPlay actually provide me with?
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Greenman wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:49 am What does CarPlay actually provide me with?
Lifetime free navigation, up to date maps, proper voice control for calls and texts. For starters.

But if you need to ask it probably isn't for you.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Boyle de Cabbage wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:22 pm
Greenman wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:49 am What does CarPlay actually provide me with?
Lifetime free navigation, up to date maps, proper voice control for calls and texts. For starters.

But if you need to ask it probably isn't for you.
You are right - I either already have or don’t need it

Seems me to just more software to go wrong.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

A little overated is Carplay and Android Auto. Tried a VW with it for a week when I had a hire car and not that impressed.It depends how techie you want to be and yes using Waze instead of standard sat nav would be better for me but something I can live without for now.
Fiata

Post by Fiata »

MJC1216 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:25 pm A little overated is Carplay and Android Auto. Tried a VW with it for a week when I had a hire car and not that impressed.It depends how techie you want to be and yes using Waze instead of standard sat nav would be better for me but something I can live without for now.
It can IMO be quite interesting. Rental cars are probably one area where Car Play can come in handy. I do have a worldwide Tom Tom (bought it a couple of years ago when the price to rent one was nearly double of the cost to buy and own one) and I'm taking to plenty of trips. Carplay/Android Auto adds flexibility for spontaneous rentals or for rentals in countries that don't release maps. Japan for instance has excellent Google Maps and Apple maps coverage (even showing you maps of department stores floor by floor), but you can't download those maps nor does any major navigation software provider have maps of Japan.