It's arrived

Post pictures of your CX3 here
Andyglos

Post by Andyglos »

image.jpg

Finally picked up the car; 2.0 AWD Nav manual in ceramic. Seems like a good drive and worth the wait. Niggles so far are;

No DVD option as per cars in other countries - wouldn't be too hard to add using Mazda parts if only it was allowed

Lack of spare wheel - decided that I really need this option...... £350 inc vat but I am told it takes an age to get the tyre to fit the wheel

Lack of front park assist

Genuine CX3 seat covers not available in the UK. They look good on the Oz site but too expensive when taking postage into account (and potentially tax) so have gone for aftermarket items for the times when the beach calls

Otherwise, engine appears better than I thought, although a few extra bhp would have been welcome as per MX5 and CX5 2.0ltr engine. Gearbox appears very good.

Just need to get ceramic paint protection applied.
CX3 Sport Nav AWD 150bhp manual (ceramic) .............now gone but hankering for another...

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Very nice. You can order the wheel and fit it at a later date. Keep all the gubbins that comes with your car and sell the spare wheel when you change the CX3. This model will be current for some years yet.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
5OPHY

Post by 5OPHY »

I was a bit annoyed/confused that the car does not come with front park assist also, perhaps that is something for an updated version down the line?
Andyglos

Post by Andyglos »

Hi Sophy

I think I have seen a front sensor kit available, somewhere on one of the Oz accessory pages. But it seems they have access to accessories which are not currently available via the UK network.

It's only a minor thing really and overall I am glad I waited for the car rather than buying something else. Taking it to France next week so it will get a good run. Don't suppose anyone knows how to adjust the headlights for driving in Europe? I couldn't find mention of it in the weighty manual?

A
CX3 Sport Nav AWD 150bhp manual (ceramic) .............now gone but hankering for another...
Silver19

Post by Silver19 »

If you look on virtually on the European Mazda sites i.e. http://www.mazda.de/service-zubehoer/zu ... V7285/they list parking front sensors (and for rear) for the CX-3 :-
Also you can see them here :-
http://phwt.mazda.sk/gb/en/CX3/8/Access ... 400f44ed90

So they are available in Europe, Front Sensors and Armrest are two things I really want for my CX-3 when I get it.

As you say Oz gets lots of parts that are not available here or in Europe, Quite like the OZ Front Headlamp Protectors and Slimline Weathershields.
CX-3 | AWD |Sport Nav | Auto | Diesel | Crystal White | Half Stone Leather
Andyglos

Post by Andyglos »

Well, I've just driven it 500 miles through France with no major dramas. The only issue was the sat Nav; it kept resetting (at inopportune moments) and error messages appeared that the car didn't have sat Nav fitted. Factory reset on the move didn't work but the system would reboot after stopping and restarting the engine.

Added a spare wheel kit (£340) for confidence sakes and also had the paint treated with ceramic coating and the interior protected as well, all at a local detailer as opposed to the offerings from the franchised dealers.