premium v regular unleaded

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Norwichnigel
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:14 am

Re: premium v regular unleaded

Post by Norwichnigel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:17 pm

I put my first tank of premium petrol in today and it ‘feels” smoother. And dare I say a little quieter.


The Cap'n
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: premium v regular unleaded

Post by The Cap'n » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:43 am

I, like others, simply use regular. I have tried premium a few times but for me personally I don't notice much difference, so I never use it.


zoylander
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:10 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: premium v regular unleaded

Post by zoylander » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:26 am

I use Morrisons Regular in all my cars and have done for years.
As for engine noise, I cannot hear any as it is is drowned out by the road noise, which ruins the driving experience.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.


User avatar
anchorman
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: premium v regular unleaded

Post by anchorman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:23 am

What the car sounds or feels like is irrelevant. It’s what supermarket fuel is doing to the internal engine components that matters. Before I get the old “using it for years” routine, you haven’t had a Euro 6 engine for years.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD


Greenman

Re: premium v regular unleaded

Post by Greenman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 pm

zoylander wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:26 am
I use Morrisons Regular in all my cars and have done for years.
As for engine noise, I cannot hear any as it is is drowned out by the road noise, which ruins the driving experience.
and the repeated droning of the same point :D

haven't you changed your tyres yet :roll:


User avatar
HouseSpider
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:47 am
Location: New Forest

Re: premium v regular unleaded

Post by HouseSpider » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:46 pm

:roll: :lol:
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner.
New Forest
50ish mpg


Dogfuzz
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:34 pm
Location: SG4

Re: premium v regular unleaded

Post by Dogfuzz » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:07 am

Always try to buy regular at supermarkets. Not only is it cheaper, but its also quicker now that most Shell/BP forecourts have a Waitrose or a Marks or a coffee shop that add to cashpoint chaos and a traffic jam queue at actual pump.....grrrr.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018


zoylander
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:10 pm
Location: Somerset

Re: premium v regular unleaded

Post by zoylander » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:50 am

Greenman wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 pm
zoylander wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:26 am
I use Morrisons Regular in all my cars and have done for years.
As for engine noise, I cannot hear any as it is is drowned out by the road noise, which ruins the driving experience.
and the repeated droning of the same point :D

haven't you changed your tyres yet :roll:
The only droning is from the tyres, which still have 5mm of tread remaining, but they will be changed before the winter.

The replacements have been chosen, and I will report on their performance in due course.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.


User avatar
HouseSpider
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:47 am
Location: New Forest

Re: premium v regular unleaded

Post by HouseSpider » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:34 am

zoylander wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:50 am
Greenman wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:02 pm
zoylander wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:26 am
I use Morrisons Regular in all my cars and have done for years.
As for engine noise, I cannot hear any as it is is drowned out by the road noise, which ruins the driving experience.
and the repeated droning of the same point :D

haven't you changed your tyres yet :roll:
The only droning is from the tyres, which still have 5mm of tread remaining, but they will be changed before the winter.

The replacements have been chosen, and I will report on their performance in due course.
Zoylander, I'd be interested in which tyres you've chosen. I'm 95% sure I'm going for the Falken FK453 CC.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner.
New Forest
50ish mpg


March
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:23 pm

Re: premium v regular unleaded

Post by March » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Take a look at the PDF attachments. Ethanol in regular petrol will corrode the engine. Having read this I use premium at least every 3 tanks. In my MX5 I use it in every tank.

ethanol 2.pdf
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 44 times
ethanol 1.pdf
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 39 times


Post Reply

Return to “Main Mazda CX3 chat”