sat nav live traffic

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Cj1200

Post by Cj1200 »

Hi Folks

Graduated from newbie to owner,

Can you use phone 4g weblink for live traffic , like you can with tom tom

Cheers, Chris , West Sussex
CX-3, Sport Nav, Manual, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sept 2015.
RAV4 ,
Bikes
Ducati Multistrada 1200 2103, J300 Scooter, Guzzi 110 sport , LE velo 1955, ST70 1973

Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

Yes you can, however you'd need to subscribe to their Connected Services:
Did you know you have a free 60 day trial period already available? Simply start using it in your vehicle and after the 60 day trial period come back and purchase it for continued use.

Local Search provides instant access to regularly updated POIs. Simply search, select and navigate to the places that are most important to you.

Fuel Price Information provides up to date fuel prices to ensure you can make the most economical decision for your fuel purchases no matter where you are.

Live Traffic provides real time traffic information that helps you navigate and adjust your travel plans to the latest traffic conditions.

Weather forecasts keep you up to be date on the current weather and road conditions, throughout your travel and at your destination.

It's I believe £70 per year though!
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Give it a try, but I remember @Gus once said "...the traffic service through the phone is woeful..."
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
David73

Post by David73 »

I purchased the connected services for 1 year, as in the past I have got stuck on the M4 even when checking the traffic before leaving home or the office. I find the traffic services work well for the major routes although it does not provide full coverage for lesser roads. The ability to check live fuel prices has also saved me a few pounds over the past few months.

The cost was not as much as £70 a year, it is sold in Euros so the can fluctuate. I waited until the exchange rate was better and paid £46 for 1 year. It would have been more cost effective to buy 3 years but I figured Android Auto might be released before too long.

As it happens I have recently implemented the AIO update to run Android Auto, which runs flawlessly for me, so I now mostly use Waze for traffic updates.
CX-3 Sport Nav Manual Deep Crystal Blue
CX-5 SEL Nav Manual White
Deleted User 406

Post by Deleted User 406 »

For traffic & petrol prices I still use Sygic on my phone.

A damn site cheaper and a one off price.

I've found the built in satnav itself not too bad, maps aren't always accurate but that's down to the data supplier
Gus

Post by Gus »

Sat Nav is fine, traffic info is s4ite, petrol info is non existent now, tomtom/Sygic/Wave give far better traffic info.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.