Sweden calling...

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
davidrew

Post by davidrew »

Didn't take much notice of the tyres on the test drive but will be interesting if they are a single manufacturer replacement.

Would be interested to know what size the 18" tyres actually are in the UK on other forum members CX-3's, and if they are Toyo.

Just did a bit of googling and the CX-3 is listed with 215/50R18 and the only replacement on Blackcircles.com is the 215/50R18 TOYO PROXES R40A 92V.

Never had Toyo tyres before so don't how they wear or perform, always liked Avon ZZ3's or ZZ5's

Glad we ordered the spare wheel now as finding a replacement at short notice could be difficult.

Some useful information here: http://www.wheel-size.com/size/mazda/cx-3/2015/
CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol 2.0 in Soul Red

oesterga

Post by oesterga »

HI Dave

I know the question was for Richard, however, I also purchased winter tyres for my cx-3. My dealer gave me 16" Michelin Alpine 5 215/60 R16.

The original mounted summer tyre is the Toyo 18"

regards
Torsten
dandraw

Post by dandraw »

Thanks for the comments.
I still don't have a definitive reply from Mazda UK, but Toyo Tyres technical department have told me that the Snowprox S953 in size 215/50 R18 92V is currently being developed specifically for the CX-3 and will keep the Sport Nav in compliance with its UK type approval. Unfortunately no availability date as yet.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Just bought genuine 16” wheels from Burrows Mazda via eBay. They were £85 each and will be fitted with 215/60R16 Toyo Snowprox S943s at a similar price.

BTW, there is no need for TPMS transmitter valves on the CX3. It works by measuring changes in rolling radius so all that is needed is a long press on the TPMS button to calibrate it after the pressures have been set.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
dandraw

Post by dandraw »

Just noticed that "mytyres" are listing the 18" S953 Toyos as in stock.... at (wait for it) £227 each! (The summer R40 tyres are £122.30). Don't think I will be going down that route. It would be less expensive to take a hit on insuring the car as modified with the 16" wheels. My only concern being the handling, as during my test drives the SE-L on 16" wheels definitely understeered a lot more and felt less stable than the Sport Nav on the 18" wheels. I would be interested to know how you get on Anchorman when yours are fitted, although AWD might also help tighten up the handling - it certainly did on my previous Yeti.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Aye well Mytyres is a good name because he will be keeping them at that. The car is very neutral on the 18s but my journey to work takes me over the tops from the Peak District into Manchester most days, so I am just hedging my bets a bit.

Will report early November.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD