New CX 3 Convert from Borders

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
KatieDev

Post by KatieDev »

Hello All,

I am very happy to have found this forum.
I was very excited when I first saw the all new CX 3 on pictures and then in a flash. I went on and off the idea of having her/him? as my new car, off mainly because of the size of the boot. Coming from Civic, the boot space is really huge in my Honda.

However, after driving a couple of other competitors' "baby" crossovers, I found myself constantly asking them the same question...." So what is the 0-62 on this one..?" Most of the answers did not really excite me... :| I quickly realised that the nice looks, a bit of speed and fun to drive are the top of my list....way before practicality.....OK, it does not have the biggest boot, but still fine I think and the seats go down right...well, I got over the size thing disappointment and concentrated on the behind the wheel experience and quite fancy interior which is also so comfy and I think nice place to be. And the car looks just so good!!

I am pleased to say that Brand New CX 3 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol 2WD Manual was ordered 2 days ago!! :D The Colour? ;) Well, a bit of a dilema there. I love the Soul Red...it is in most of the pictures and videos you find online, and looks georgeous. However, I was not sure this could be a long term love and I am a bit of a blue girl....so after home consultation, we have gone for Dynamic Blue! I have not seen one in real life, so hopefully we won't be disappointed!
I briefly considered the Deep Crystal Blue, it is very elegant, but I think you would need the sun out at all the time to properly enjoy the spark of it. In the dull weather could be a bit dark, I think. Still very beautiful, don't get me wrong. Therefore Dynamic Blue Mica it is for me!!! :oops: Here she come and should be home in 2 weeks time.
What do you guys think?? What is your colour?

How about 4WD? I Test drove 2WD in petrol and 2WD in Diesel ( a bit noisy as diesels can be) and thought it was great. Also the economy and tax is better on 2WD. To me 4WD would be mainly for winter conditions...and did not increase the price with 4WD. But I might sort that out by getting winter tyres instead, if we can get a proper winter this year that is. :-)

One last thing, where do you guys get your carpets? Is it worth getting the originals at dealer or is there a better alternative?

Thank you for having me and hope this was the right decision to go for CX 3.

Katie

Bill

Post by Bill »

Welcome Katie
The CX-3 in my opinion looks great in any colour I opted for the AWD Automatic Diesel in Ceramic White metallic, it looks good in any light conditions, the Red looks better when the sun is shining and a bit dull in darker conditions. But they all look good from any angle and I think the CX-3 is a good wee classy package :D
Bill
Sport Nav Diesel AWD Automatic
Steve50

Post by Steve50 »

Hi Katie, I test drove one in Dynamic Blue and the colour is stunning, you will not be disappointed. I've always had grey/blue/black or silver cars so decided on a change this time.
2.0 Petrol AWD Sport Nav, Soul Red
KatieDev

Post by KatieDev »

Hi Bill and Hi Steve,

Thank you for a nice welcome. I agree they look stunning in all colours. Bill, I actually test drove the Ceramic White, and now looking at it again, it really is very pretty colour. It looks very special and completely different from other whites.
Steve, sounds exciting you picked up your Soul Red only this Monday gone, right? Again, the Red just looks stunning, diffetent from other reds on the road, from my point of view. Hope you are enjoying change from your usual colour choice and the car itself, of course :-)

Can you please both tell me why you opted for AWD?? Now thinking I should change mine to AWD as well, as some people talking about 2WD to be underpowered. What is your take on that?

Thank you very much.
Bill

Post by Bill »

KatieDev wrote:Hi Bill and Hi Steve,

Thank you for a nice welcome. I agree they look stunning in all colours. Bill, I actually test drove the Ceramic White, and now looking at it again, it really is very pretty colour. It looks very special and completely different from other whites.
Steve, sounds exciting you picked up your Soul Red only this Monday gone, right? Again, the Red just looks stunning, diffetent from other reds on the road, from my point of view. Hope you are enjoying change from your usual colour choice and the car itself, of course :-)

Can you please both tell me why you opted for AWD?? Now thinking I should change mine to AWD as well, as some people talking about 2WD to be underpowered. What is your take on that?

Thank you very much.
Hi Katie There are plenty Two wheel drive cars out there , but not many AWD cars in this segment. I can tell you the 1.5 diesel has plenty power for me even with the Automatic gear box and the AWD its returning 47.7 mpg on short journeys, You will also have peace of mind when the roads are covered in snow. Yes the road tax is a bit more expensive but I think the government are about to change that and charge everyone a fixed charge of £145 per year :o Well you asked me so that's my opinion on the AWD. :D
Bill

DSC00239.JPG

Last edited by Bill on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unguided

Post by Unguided »

I know the dilema well Katie, I'm in the same position, about to change from my 2006 Civic and the boot space in that car is great. Whilst never having really fully utilisied, I have made good use of the magic seats, very good for getting boxed tvs in. I am waiting to see how the HR-V fares before I make a decision on what to purchase next, but the CX3 is swaying me with it's cheaper top range spec. Price may play a big part over practicality.

Bill, I believe the new tax scheme only takes effect on cars from 2016 or 2017 whenever they introduce it, all existing cars will remain under the current scheme, that will put a dent in new car sales I fear. Everyone will look to buy 2nd hand when that scheme comes into effect, so as not to pay out more tax.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Unguided wrote:I know the dilema well Katie, I'm in the same position, about to change from my 2006 Civic and the boot space in that car is great. Whilst never having really fully utilisied, I have made good use of the magic seats, very good for getting boxed tvs in. I am waiting to see how the HR-V fares before I make a decision on what to purchase next, but the CX3 is swaying me with it's cheaper top range spec. Price may play a big part over practicality.

Bill, I believe the new tax scheme only takes effect on cars from 2016 or 2017 whenever they introduce it, all existing cars will remain under the current scheme, that will put a dent in new car sales I fear. Everyone will look to buy 2nd hand when that scheme comes into effect, so as not to pay out more tax.
Hi Unguided I hope that's the case with the road tax but cant see how two cars of the same model will be charged at a different rate, but time will tell. :roll:
Bill
Steve50

Post by Steve50 »

Hi Katie, yes I picked it up this this Monday (24th) and have been enjoying playing with the tech as well driving around in the rain. The sun shone on it yesterday for a while and I got to see the colour properly for the first time, and I wasn't disappointed! As far as AWD goes, the CX 3 replaces a 4x4 Skoda Yeti which was great in poor road conditions, particularly snow & ice. If you are concerned about winter driving then fitting winter tyres to a 2wd car could be a cheaper option, although fitting them to an AWD CX 3 would be the best. I've not done any research but I think getting them in the 215/50 R18 fitted to the Sport Nav could be difficult. The car is just great and my parents enjoyed a ride in it yesterday, finding the seats very comfortable.
2.0 Petrol AWD Sport Nav, Soul Red
KatieDev

Post by KatieDev »

Thanks a lot for elaborating on the AWD for me, Bill and Steve. Good to see your points and I can see exactly why AWD was your choice. I was really a bit torn, but I think I will stick to the 2WD and as I always try to be kind to nature, so that should justify my 2WD choice. Yes, if I really was so concerned, I should have gone for a diesel or something with much smaller engine....ohh well, I still want to feel some power when driving tho'... :-)

What is your take on the Supagard paint protection /interior gard protection, that I think, is a bit of an upsell from a dealer? It looks like I will be picking up my new blue baby on the 12th Sep :-D, so I need to let them know. They are offering the Supagard at about half price. So guard spray or no guard spray, that is the question.. :-)

Steve, as per the winter tyres, I think you are right about getting 215/50 R18 would be quite difficult. I was maybe thinking of getting R16 wheels with winter tyres... Wouldn't look as nice on the smaller wheel for winter... I think I will await the UK winter forecast and then make a decision.
KatieDev

Post by KatieDev »

Hi Unguided,

Good to hear that you also have a Civic atm and you are looking into getting CX 3. I had a look at HR-V, but I found it a bit boring looking at the pictures... So I did not bother driving it. I hope it drives better than it looks, so let me know what you thought. Maybe Honda might offer better part exchange for your Civic.... Still, I hope you go for the CX 3 at the end :-)