What updates for the New 2019 CX3 would you like.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Andres746 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:28 pm Surely this regulation is effectively outdated now with the advent of stop-start. If we’re expected to use this technology, the only way possible is by keeping your foot on the brake until you lift off to restart the car.
DaveG wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:01 pm That is a very good point, but it only relates to automatic cars because on manuals the stop start is activated by the clutch of course.

I am collecting my auto CX3 next Month and your point had crossed my mind, so maybe I will use the footbrake and stop start if there are no cars behind and handbrake at others more so in the dark.
In an automatic, once i-stop has stopped the engine, you can move the gear lever to neutral & apply the handbrake, or move it to park, then release the footbrake. The engine will restart when you next put your foot on the brake pedal (or after the i-stop timer expires).
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd

BWJ

Post by BWJ »

Strangways wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 pm No question is silly if you don't know the answer. When you stop and press harder on the brake pedal the auto hold parking brake engages, You can then take your foot off the brake and the brake lights go out. If the istop has activated the engine will start when you press the accelerator and the auto hold will disengage.
The brake lights does not go out, when you take your foot off the brake when i-stop has activated, and auto-hold is engaged. :idea:
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

BWJ wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:26 pm
Strangways wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 pm No question is silly if you don't know the answer. When you stop and press harder on the brake pedal the auto hold parking brake engages, You can :lol: then take your foot off the brake and the brake lights go out. If the istop has activated the engine will start when you press the accelerator and the auto hold will disengage.
The brake lights does not go out, when you take your foot off the brake when i-stop has activated, and auto-hold is engaged. :idea:
When I get my car guess I will have to get the wife to stand behind it and tell me what's going on with the lights then while I test it out........must remember not to put it in reverse :lol:
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
switchback

Post by switchback »

Correct, I've just tried it. I always thought they went out but I was wrong. Thank you Mazda for allowing us to dazzle the driver behind :roll: . Looks like it's back to the handbrake then.................................I've not tried it with auto hold disabled but I can't see why it would be any different.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

DaveG wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:26 am
Strangways wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:35 pm No question is silly if you don't know the answer. When you stop and press harder on the brake pedal the auto hold parking brake engages, You can :lol: then take your foot off the brake and the brake lights go out. If the istop has activated the engine will start when you press the accelerator and the auto hold will disengage.
When I get my car guess I will have to get the wife to stand behind it and tell me what's going on with the lights then while I test it out........must remember not to put it in reverse :lol:
Sorry about that Dave, when I was trying it out I was in my driveway and I had put the handbrake on :oops: So tonight I used the handbrake, and even with the auto HOLD on it appeared that the lights went out when the handbrake was applied. So now if I'm going to be stopped in a que for a while I shall apply the handbrake to avoid upsetting the drivers behind. Like the auto HOLD the handbrake releases when the accelerator is applied, so it's no great hardship.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

That's OK strangways I appreciate you taking the time to check it out, nothing is ever simple these days.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
BRY

Post by BRY »

Just ordered new CX3 SEL NAV AUTO March delivery
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019