Voice control

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Voice control

Post by AndyRen » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:28 pm

Past couple of weeks the voice control had seemed to stop functioning (although it works now!) on pressing the 'talk' button on the steering wheel there's been no " Enter your command after the beep" (or 'tone' or whatever) No 'beep' - nothing - have we upset the imp that lives under the dash or have we inadvertently pressed something somewhere to de-activate voice control???
I had a concerted effort to try and fix the problem yesterday and it now works - but what I did I'm not really sure! I wondered if the volume for the 'voice function' was turned right down, so whilst pressing the 'talk' button I also raised the volume rocker on the steering wheel as well - perhaps that's what sorted it?... I don't really know! :shock: but since this concerted effort I've noticed when pressing the 'start' button that 'Loading Voice Activation' appears on the screen - Didn't notice it before, but was never looking for it!

The imp doesn't like responding to the wife's voice anyway (or her finger on the touch sensitive screen - But there again her Ipad is also not very responsive to her touch, although the I ron works flawlessly 8-) ) - She'll say "Call Andy" and the imp will say something like " Calling hairdresser" or somesuch - I think she needs to go through the 'training' area of voice recognition :roll:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

jtonline

Re: Voice control

Post by jtonline » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:20 pm

That's interesting, I use voice control quite often. I think your suggestion of the volume being off is a plausible explanation.

I've not seen 'Loading Voice Activation' message either, but I don't really look at the screen whilst it's booting up.

Your wife's issue with touch sensitive screens could be the result of longish fingernails, whereby it's her fingernail that's tapping the screen and not the pad of her fingertip. Usually solved by changing the angle of the finger against the screen, or using one of those little stylus pens you can buy.

I don't think there's a voice training section on the UK models; she'll just have to learn to speak the Queen's English better ;) I'll leave you to explain that one :lol:
09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
Have you added location & model info., including year to your CX-3 Forums profile? For help see: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
My Mazda CX-3 Blog: www.jtonline.info

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Re: Voice control

Post by AndyRen » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:02 pm

Thanks for responding JT, hopefully the volume trick sorted it?! Know what you're saying re fingernails but that's certainly not the problem with her and screens - skin sensitivity or something we think.
I haven't looked into it yet, but I hope you're wrong concerning the voice training - she won't like the alternative 😃
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Return to “Faults & Technical”