Sat Nav

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
DaveG

Sat Nav

Post by DaveG » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:56 pm

Another sat Nav question......I put on my sat nav history three towns in France which I intend to travel to, I saved them as a town in history.
I decided to transfer them to favourites, on checking I noticed they were saved as a street name location in the town, in the favourites.
Its not a problem but why has the sat Nav chosen a street name and not the town.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

tyrfelin

Re: Sat Nav

Post by tyrfelin » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:18 am

No-one seems to know!
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White

MJC1216

Post by MJC1216 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:07 am

I don't know the answer BUT you can always change the name in favourites to whatever you want.
Mazda CX3 2.0 Sport Nav Petrol Dynamic Mica Blue Manual registered 30/11/17

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:06 pm

DaveG wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:56 pm
Another sat Nav question......I put on my sat nav history three towns in France which I intend to travel to, I saved them as a town in history.
I decided to transfer them to favourites, on checking I noticed they were saved as a street name location in the town, in the favourites.
Its not a problem but why has the sat Nav chosen a street name and not the town.
I'm guessing it uses the street name as you might / could have more than one history setting for different streets in the same town (especially a big town or city) and thus doing it by town there would be a duplication? As another poster said, you can change the name of your favourite to something more suitable - again provided it is unique I would guess.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:16 am

After several navigation issues, I contacted HERE who produced the mapping software. We exchanged several e-mails concerning non recognition of addresses and addresses which were entered correctly but saved as something entirely different, even in a different location, and odd other issues. The chap was very helpful, he confirmed that the addresses I gave him, which were problematic, were actually in the supplied software and that the system failures were Mazda failures.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.

Return to “Faults & Technical”