MZD Connect and disconnecting the battery

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
hsdejong

MZD Connect and disconnecting the battery

Post by hsdejong » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:40 am

When you disconnect the battery for months, does the MZD Connect system lose its settings such as favorite destinations (navigation) or safety settings?
  • Mazda CX-3 2018 GT-M 2.0 Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Metallic

jtonline

Re: MZD Connect and disconnecting the battery

Post by jtonline » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:27 pm

No it should be fine. According to TAX in this thread Disconnecting vehicle battery, he had his battery negative terminal disconnected for 5 months with no ill effects when reconnected.

Note that Mazda say that when disconnecting/connecting the negative battery cable, you need to make sure to perform it smoothly in one action, avoiding any repeated momentary contact to the battery pole that causes a spark. Not following this caution may cause an excessive voltage variation to the Body Control Module (BCM) in the vehicle, leading to electrical system malfunction(s).
09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
Have you added location & model info., including year to your CX-3 Forums profile? For help see: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
My Mazda CX-3 Blog: www.jtonline.info

hsdejong

Re: MZD Connect and disconnecting the battery

Post by hsdejong » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:11 pm

I am going to put my car in the garage for at least three months.
If I leave the battery connected, it will be flat after about a month and a half, due to the parasitic average current of around 55 mA.

It's good to read that when the battery is disconnected the settings are not erased, because setting all the radio and destination favorites in the system took a long time.
  • Mazda CX-3 2018 GT-M 2.0 Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Metallic

Return to “Faults & Technical”