Made up my mind at last!!

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

I Have now ordered a CX3 Sports Nav Petrol Auto in Black. After much deliberating. I have owned a Qashqai Tekna awd 2.0 diesel auto for 8 years with trouble free motoring.Waited for HRV to come out before making a decision. I drove the CX3 in the morning and the HRV in the afternoon. In my opinion the CX3 had a better auto gearbox than the HRV's CVT gearbox,which I felt was slow to pick up speed.The CX3 had a softer comfortable ride with no crashing over speed humps
After reading some of the posts on this forum, I have this niggling thought in the back of my mind "have I done the right thing".I have never owned a Mazda before and from what I have seen so far the build quality does seem good.Time will only tell
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Welcome to the ever growing club.

I'm sure you've done the right thing. We're all a bit nervous about this brand new model but I suppose all models were new at one stage.

I'm happy to report zero defects and like you, I love the auto box.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

p6nsh wrote:After reading some of the posts on this forum, I have this niggling thought in the back of my mind "have I done the right thing".I have never owned a Mazda before and from what I have seen so far the build quality does seem good.Time will only tell
Hi welcome, I'm in exactly the same position - 4 weeks in and the car is great so far. I have some friends that have had new and 2nd hand Mazdas for years and they really rate them, so that helped to swing me.
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Spoke too soon. Within half an hour of posting, the entire audio system sound went off. I called at the dealer on the way home and the blasted thing worked! Don’t know if he pulled the SD card which I should have done but forgot about???

I have to say that they restored my faith by the prompt service and attention.

MZD Connect system to be monitored!
Lordy1

Post by Lordy1 »

anchorman wrote:Spoke too soon. Within half an hour of posting, the entire audio system sound went off. I called at the dealer on the way home and the blasted thing worked! Don’t know if he pulled the SD card which I should have done but forgot about???

My Sat nav would constantly turn off then reboot automatically, until i updated it. Sounds a bit more serious if the whole system failed which is not encouraging
CX 3 Sports Nav Diesel Auto AWD Ceramic
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Lordy1 wrote:
anchorman wrote:Spoke too soon. Within half an hour of posting, the entire audio system sound went off. I called at the dealer on the way home and the blasted thing worked! Don’t know if he pulled the SD card which I should have done but forgot about???

My Sat nav would constantly turn off then reboot automatically, until i updated it. Sounds a bit more serious if the whole system failed which is not encouraging
The satnav and the phone kit worked fine. They said it does need the newer firmware but it could take 2 hours to do.
Gus

Post by Gus »

I'm confused about the firmware, is it only available to the dealers or is it possible to download ourselves?
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Not impossible but you have to register with Mazda Tech Europe and follow this procedure;
BM MZD Updated Software release for MZD Connect.pdf
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 1857 times
davidrew

Post by davidrew »

anchorman wrote:Not impossible but you have to register with Mazda Tech Europe and follow this procedure;
BM MZD Updated Software release for MZD Connect.pdf
Can anyone register for this? And if so where? Have found unofficial versions posted on another forum for the EU but am a bit reluctant to trust them.

Would like to update ours as one very annoying issue is the audio forgetting where it was on the USB stick most of the time when returning to the car, it just then starts from the very first track in the first folder which is a bit tedious. Have also noticed that options in the USB menu such as playlists are greyed out for a while sometimes before becoming available a bit later.
CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol 2.0 in Soul Red
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

You can register as a motor trader but then you have to pay for access. It costs about €5 per hour.