iStop issue on Automatic Transmission -Help

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Manxy1

Post by Manxy1 »

Hi had the car less than a week & was happy until we experienced a problem with the iStop system. Can anyone help/advise please.

Scenario was... Stopped in traffic at traffic lights & noticed the iStop button was flashing amber. The traffic lights change to green but the car won't restart/move!! After trying to start car (automatic gearbox) for a minute or so without success, someone in a car behind helped push us to the side of the road so we weren't blocking the flow of traffic (highly embarrassing)!

Anyhow after approx 20 mins total of this happening & my husband who was driving alone at the time had to decide what to do, decided to give it "one last try" before he called AA. On this last try the bloody car started & he managed to get home. The car has been fine since the incident on Saturday.

Husband has now lost t a bit of confidence in the car & is questioning our purchase. So can anyone please shed some light on if it's happened to them or if not what it might be.

Thanks.

alanandlyn

Post by alanandlyn »

Presuming he hasn't done any of the things listed in the manual (4-18) like open the drivers door, undo his seat belt or open the bonnet then I'd take it back to the dealer!
CX-3 SportNav 2WD, Petrol Auto, Ceramic, Stone Leather :)
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

As Alan says, he's basically interfered with it. Then he's got in a muddle about where he is!

If the istop stops the engine, the light will turn green. If he then does something to interfere with it starting, the light will flash orange. It's OK to leave it in gear or put it in neutral. It is not OK to put it in park or open the door because now it can't start of its own accord. To get out of that situation, you need to put it in park and press the start button. He needs to make sure that the ignition is on first because if after it stopped, he pressed the button, he simply turned it off.

So! Put it in park and press the button until all the dash lights come on and then press the brake and start it.

If all else fails, turn it off at the switch so it can't confuse him.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Deleted User 155

Post by Deleted User 155 »

Yes, I had a similar situation to Manxy1. Under pressure from traffic I got in a muddle and couldn't get started again. I realise now I opened the door as I had to get out, that's what obviously upset the system. Got it going in the end by going back to the start as anchorman suggests but for a while I was at a loss, all very embarrassing!
Manxy1

Post by Manxy1 »

Thank you to all who replied to me. We are very grateful. My husband read through your helpful advice & it's put his mind at rest! He still doesn't know what he might of done as he was in a fluster when it happened. He is however prepared to give car the "benefit of the doubt" & put it down to human error.