New CX3 owner in the lake district

New to the CX3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
thetyrant

Post by thetyrant »

Hi all,
Just collected my new to me 2019 CX3 2.0 awd to replace my old 59 plate Rav4 dirty diesel, so far im happy just a few small niggles to sort, first the drivers mirror stopped folding day after colllection and read its a common fault, now waiting to here back on warranty for that but hopefully no drama, also would like them to look at the awful cold start cat warmup noise, ive read about this but think a heatsheild or something must be loose on mine as it sounds really really bad for first 10secs or so!

One bonus was i found a hidden towbar attachment with electrics under rear bumper when inspecting at home, no sign of the removable hitch part though so need to see what dealer says about that, its a non-mazda towbar so maybe as its an approved used car they didnt include it which is a bit silly, managed to speak to previous owner who says it was all there when dealer took it in so we will see.
2019 CX5 2.0 awd

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Welcome 😎
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
thetyrant

Post by thetyrant »

Well just picked car up from nearest group dealer which was a bristol street motors carlisle ( i bought 100miles away in scotland) after dropping it in yesterday due to mirror and exhaust noise mention above, i should of insisted it went to local Mazda i think which is just across the road but hey ho, they did a pointless health check video including measuring tyre treads and aircon temp! as well as something useful like checking exhaust for possible loose shields etc but nothing conclusive, they did confirm the mirror needs replacing which i told them when i dropped it off and main reason it was there! now they need to authorize it with my supplying dealer after intially trying to give me an estimate to replace it, then it has to go back for it replacing which is a bit of a chew as its 25miles/30 mins each way to do this and im sure if it had gone to direct to Mazda it would of been sorted in 1 trip, lesson learnt i think.

I got a 22 plate 5k miles MG thing which was copy of the cx3 for courtesy car and it was awful! filthy and smelly inside and had about as much power as a sewing machine, uneven running and even failed to start at a runabout on return trip when stop/start switched it off, hope i dont get that again!
2019 CX5 2.0 awd
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I have had two health checks in the last month, or rather my car has.
The first, at my service, detailed my front tyres as Amber (3mm) & my rears as red (2.1mm)
The second, when my battery was replaced, detail my front right as green at 4.1mm front left and rear left as Amber at 4.0mm, and the rear right as Amber at 3.7mm
I agree they are pointless if the information is not consistent or incorrect.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.