Windscreen condensation

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
Kimm

Post by Kimm »

Is anyone else suffering with condensation on the inside of the windscreen as soon as it starts to get a bit chiller outside? It’s driving me mad. Every car surrounding mine has a nice clear windscreen but not mine, it’s either all misted up or actually wet.
What are others doing to control it?
I already have a hanging wardrobe condensation bag hanging off the driver seat collecting moisture but it’s not helping the windscreen issue.
CX-3 Sports Nav AWD

Graeme67

Post by Graeme67 »

Try changing the cabin filter, Might help.. All cars suffer from this problem to some degree..
2017 CX 3 1.5 Diesel Sport Nav
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Kimm wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:44 pm Is anyone else suffering with condensation on the inside of the windscreen as soon as it starts to get a bit chiller outside? It’s driving me mad. Every car surrounding mine has a nice clear windscreen but not mine, it’s either all misted up or actually wet.
What are others doing to control it?
I already have a hanging wardrobe condensation bag hanging off the driver seat collecting moisture but it’s not helping the windscreen issue.
Do you have the air con on? If not, I suggest you try it with it on and see if it solves the misting up problem. I use air con in mine all year round as the air con will remove the water vapour in the air in winter times that causes the condensation with the hot air inside of a car and cold air on the outside.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
frog8fly

Post by frog8fly »

I had the same problem. I will turn on the AC until it clears up (takes a few times). I control the majority of the fogging up with 2 socks of Silica cat litter and place then on the dash. Every couple of weeks I will bring them inside and place them on the baseboard heaters for a couple of hours. Also the little bags of silica you find in powder and meds can be placed around the car to help with humidity. Good luck.
2016 CX-3 GX Sport Auto AWD Meteor Grey
Canada
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

Did you use the air conditioning during the last ride?
If so, the next time, before parking the car, turn off the air conditioning for the last 5 minutes. The evaporator of the AC then gets a chance to dry.
If you don't, the evaporator will remain wet. When you start the car, the fan blows the moist air against the cold windshield, which then condenses.

Mold (mold) will also grow in the evaporator which will start to smell in the long run.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Kimm

Post by Kimm »

Ok thanks
CX-3 Sports Nav AWD