i-eloop capacitor issues/reliability

Faults and Technical chat for the Mazda CX-3
TEB

Post by TEB »

My endeavours to purchase a CX3 awd is turning into a bit of a saga and I'm still considering walking away from the deal I made for a low mileage full history example at the local main dealer.

Initially told the battery needed changing before delivery as it appeared not to holding a charge, however after changing the battery they couldn't get the i-stop and i-eloop warning lights to go out. Following a week of head scratching by the service department and on advice from Mazda Technical they are now planning on replacing the i-eloop capacitor in the hope this cures the issue.

So just wondering if anyone on the forum has had similar, a failing battery and capacitor at the same time?

Would also appreciate thoughts on whether I should I stick with the deal, or walk away and look elsewhere, or consider a near identical two wheel drive example they have on the forecourt, baring in mind I live out in the sticks half way up the side of a dale.

Thanks in advance.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual

Percy247

Post by Percy247 »

If it is an approved used Mazda vehicle then it should come with 12 months warranty. Once the parts have been swapped out, you should get years of trouble free motoring.
2016 Mazda 2 Sport Nav 1.5 Skyactiv Diesel.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

My car doesn't have i-ELOOP.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Wondering if the previous owner got rid of the car due to this exact reason on a previous occasion . Something to consider ?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
TEB

Post by TEB »

Well after looking at other options including the 2wd CX3, I've brought home the AWD I initially agreed to buy, as overall its in better condition and offers a more precise drive.
Understand two of the three main components of the i-eloop system have been replaced, as it seems after changing the weak battery, fault codes were indicating a DC to DC converter issue was behind the warning lights staying on but replacing this didn't put the lights out as expected, so Mazda advised replacing the capacitor too, which appears to have resolved things for now at least.
2018/68 CX-3 150ps AWD Sport Nav +, Machine Grey, Manual