Safety Pack

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Watty99

Post by Watty99 »

How can you tell if a car has the Safety Pack?

riddler

Post by riddler »

Easiest way is to look at the door mirrors when you start the engine if you see the lights in the door mirror for the blind spot monitoring then the car has the safety pack fitted.
Watty99

Post by Watty99 »

Thanks. I am trying to purchase a CX-3 with the safety pack - but they are never advertised with this in the car description. Local Mazda garage confirms they cannot tell just from the car registration. So I guess I need to personally check every car until I find one! So lights on door mirror come on during start up?
riddler

Post by riddler »

Yes the lights flash on briefly on start up.

This reminds me when I ordered my CX3 originally, the safety pack was specified on the order, when the car arrived there was no mention of it on the invoice which had the vehicle VIN number, I called Mazda customer services who confirmed that it did not have the safety pack fitted. I ended up buying via Drive the deal from another dealer with the safety pack fitted. Obtaining the VIN of vehicles you are considering and checking direct with Mazda is another way of checking.
lhcmazda

Post by lhcmazda »

You don't need even to open the car or start the car, the symbols which light up in the wing mirrors can easily be seen if the car has the safety pack fitted. Look at the top outside corner of the mirrors to seet the symbol.
2018 CX-3 Machine Grey 2.0 Petrol 150ps Auto Sports Nav AWD plus Safety Pack
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Not easily seen if the mirrors are folded. You'll then have to start the car to unfold them :lol:
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.